New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Is the Nuvi 50LM 5" a good buy for a GPS? Sulit sellers have them from 5-7K...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Is the Nuvi 50LM 5" a good buy for a GPS? Sulit sellers have them from 5-7K...

Yes it is... go ahead and buy... newer models come with the 5" screen nowadays.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Yes it is... go ahead and buy... newer models come with the 5" screen nowadays.
    A friend is visiting from the US soon. Pabili na lang kaya ako? Any disadvantage kung galing US ang unit?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    A friend is visiting from the US soon. Pabili na lang kaya ako? Any disadvantage kung galing US ang unit?
    When I was in the US last year I asked the GPS sales rep from Best Buy if I can download a Philippine map on their Garmin as I'm planning to buy one to bring back home. He said it's better to buy the one being sold in your own country as the one they are selling is made for North America, includes lifetime free map updates.

If you're adventurous I think hacking it to load Philippine map is doable. Just need research and perseverance.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaWay View Post
    When I was in the US last year I asked the GPS sales rep from Best Buy if I can download a Philippine map on their Garmin as I'm planning to buy one to bring back home. He said it's better to buy the one being sold in your own country as the one they are selling is made for North America, includes lifetime free map updates.

If you're adventurous I think hacking it to load Philippine map is doable. Just need research and perseverance.
    No need to hack. Just copy the Philippine map file to the memory card.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    may mga garmin models na may buit in philippine maps na. nasa meralco ave. cor. julia vargas garmin center.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaWay View Post

Thanks. I wonder if I still get a unit from the US, will the warranty be honored here in Pinas?

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    No need to hack. Just copy the Philippine map file to the memory card.
    How often is a Garmin map updated? Monthly?

Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    may mga garmin models na may buit in philippine maps na. nasa meralco ave. cor. julia vargas garmin center.
    Dami rin sa Sulit...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    OpenStreetMap Philippines has a compatible map for Garmin and is updated frequently. It can be downloaded for free at http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin. You can contribute to the OpenStreetMap project at OpenStreetMap.

This is the one I am using for the Nuvi 1300 that my friend bought from the US last month.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011

10. Join Date
    May 2007

Imo, mas mura nga kung papabili ka a US... one downside lang ng garmin units from US is that POI's don't show when navigating... firmware limitation.