New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    guys, i have a garmin nuvi 50LM. it doesn't have the gmapsupp.img file preloaded. it's also not on the list of supported devices on the OSM site.

am i screwed?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ no, you're not

the osm map should work on your 50LM

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by frag View Post
    guys, i have a garmin nuvi 50LM. it doesn't have the gmapsupp.img file preloaded. it's also not on the list of supported devices on the OSM site.

am i screwed?
    You're not. If your device doesn't support mapsource yet, you'll have to download it 1st before you can get the OSM map. I have a Nuvi 1300 and I had a hard time following the directions in OSM so I went to Roadguide instead. They have very detailed instructions but you'll have to be patient in searching through the forums. Click here to find out more: Philippines Gps Map. When I was able to install mapsource based on RG's intructions, it was easy enough to get the map from OSM also. Yup, I have both RG and OSM maps in my device.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aloy View Post
    There's a nuvi 1360 with an official navteq Philippine map specially for Philippine market. I was able to update it to latest 2011.10 map version. Ok din. I doesn't have as many points of interest as the roadguide Philippine map pero mas accurate yung street names. Yung latest software version pa me junction view, me picture na lumalabas sa selected junctions. Kaya lang limited updates lang. After the free updates either buy maps for $100 or go back to roadguide. Baka pag dami bumili magka lifetime map update like in US.

I'm planning to buy a Garmin Nuvi 1360 w/ Philippine Map installed.

Question is:
    1. Does OSM Map support the model Garmin Nuvi 1360? because it is not written in the OSM website.
    2. Is it MapSource enabled/ready already? meaning to say I just had to copy the filename "gmapsupp.img" to 'Garmin' or 'Map' directory? or will I still have to run MapSource upon my first time to send map to my Garmin unit?

Thanks for your help guys.

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    btw, what is the latest Philippine Map update version and date for OSM Philippines?

WBR,

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    pwede ba yung Garmin application sa Iphone 4S? gagana ba yung philippine map dito?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    pwede ba yung Garmin application sa Iphone 4S? gagana ba yung philippine map dito?

Navteq sa Garmin. I don't think it would be compatible with 4S.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    May mga RGP members ba dito?

Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    btw, what is the latest Philippine Map update version and date for OSM Philippines?

WBR,
    got the latest map update from Garmin Phils. anyone of you wants a copy, please PM me.

for those guys who PMed me, please include your email addresses. i am going to try to send it thru email. i just don't know if pwedi dahil sa size ng file. garmin phils. gave it to me on a micro SD card kasi.

by the way, I AM NOT SELLING IT. i bought it from garmin but would not mind sharing it with my fellow tsikoteers.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast