New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    im using the OSM map and it's better than the demo map of Roadguide.
    even the Alabang skyway is already included in the OSM map.
    though i like the Roadguide map display/color than the OSM map

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    mcbry,

i've tried the OSM before. it's better than the Roadguide demo map. but the Roadguide contributor's map is way way better. Why not try contributing to the Roadguide map and in due time you will be a contributor and will have access to the contributor's map. I became a contributor in three weeks.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfox615 View Post
    mcbry,

... but the Roadguide contributor's map is way way better. Why not try contributing to the Roadguide map and in due time you will be a contributor and will have access to the contributor's map. I became a contributor in three weeks.
    Maybe this will convince people that Roadguide.ph (contributor) map is way way better than OSM

Visual comparison of POIs in mapsource.

Roadguide.ph (contributor v1.25)

OSM Phil map (latest dated Jun 17 20:20:59 PHT 2011)

Aside from this the latest OSM map has lots of routing errors in my area compared to Roadguide.ph (contributor) map

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I tested NT 2011.10 as compared to a recent roadguide contributor's map last week. Mas marami pa ring roads at mas maganda ang routing ng contributor's map.

Di pa rin perfect ang roadguide but I agree with warfab, roadguide contributor's map is still the best for RP. I just wish mas madaling maging contributor or mag ka EB para mas madaling maintindihan yung how to be a contributor.

Pero for the NT, it's a good start. Sa mga bibili ng GPS, OK yung Garmin 1360 with free Phil NT map with limited free updates. Me sale promo ito sa ibang computer stores. Got mine for only 10k, 6 months 0% interest.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Then, with a Garmin 1360 you can have an official updated Philippine map as your base map and a roadguide contributor's map as a supplementary map either in a microSD or in the internal memory.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Minimal differences in terms of POIs when I made a cursory look between City Navigator® Philippines NT 2011.10 and City Navigator® Southeast Asia NT v6.5...

Makati City - City Navigator® Philippines NT 2011.10

Makati City - City Navigator® Southeast Asia NT v6.5

Cebu City - City Navigator® Philippines NT 2011.10

Cebu City - City Navigator® Southeast Asia NT v6.5

Davao City - City Navigator® Philippines NT 2011.10

Davao City - City Navigator® Southeast Asia NT v6.5

City Navigator® Philippines NT 2011.10 still has many double pois and pois in wrong locations.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I'm using a Garmin Nuvi 1300 with 2 maps: RoadGuide contributor's map v. 1.24 and OSM Philippines. I have learned that Garmins with 4-digit model nos. may not be able to download the latest RG contributor's map (v. 1.26), specifically those who experienced the "cannot authenticate maps" warnings before but got fixed by the 1.24 patch. Details here: RoadGuide Philippines Forums

A couple of questions for those who were able to download the RG v. 1.26 map:
    1. How much of a difference is there between v. 1.24 and 1.26?
    2. If you are one of those with a 4-digit Nuvi who encountered the "cannot authenticate maps" issue before but was still able to download the 1.26 map, how did you do it?

For OSM Phil. users: How do you submit contributions to OSM Phils? I tried googling and found some sites but the instructions seem pretty complicated. Is there a site that shows an easier way?

Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    1. How much of a difference is there between v. 1.24 and 1.26?
    I can only answer this question since I only have the 3-digit Nuvi. Between 1.24.3 and 1.26, there's a marked improvement in terms of POIs and routing corrections with regards to my locality (Cebu City). I found most of the POIs, tracks and routing corrections I submitted now included in the latest contributor version of roadguide.ph :D

Quote Originally Posted by aloy View Post
    I tested NT 2011.10 as compared to a recent roadguide contributor's map last week. Mas marami pa ring roads at mas maganda ang routing ng contributor's map.

Pero for the NT, it's a good start. Sa mga bibili ng GPS, OK yung Garmin 1360 with free Phil NT map with limited free updates. Me sale promo ito sa ibang computer stores. Got mine for only 10k, 6 months 0% interest.
    Hi! Until when will the "limited free updates" be?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    boss, patulong po kung saan puede makakuha ng update ng phil. map garmin.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast