New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Need help, guys. I can't seem to find the "gmapsupp.img" in my Nuvi 1300. I already downloaded and installed mapsource from OSM, then downloaded gmapsupp.img from the OSM site. But when I opened my device and went through each folder, I couldn't find its gmapsupp.img so I could overwrite it. Is there any thing else I need to look into? Thanks very much.
    sir, just copy gmapsupp.img to F:\garmin (susbtitute F: with your garmin's usb drive assignment).

what OS are you using?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ or you can try "F:\Map" on a nuvi 1300

btw ... a new 1300 will not have a file gmapsupp.img on it ... the first time Mapsource is used to install a map, it will create the directory called "Map" on the unit and wites the gmapsupp.img file on it

Last edited by kinyo; May 5th, 2011 at 05:54 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *desertfox615 and kinyo;

Thanks for the tip. I copied the gmapsupp.img file into my device but still can't get a satellite reading. Pls bear w/ me as I ask this: do I also have to copy the mapsource file into my Nuvi? I downloaded and ran it and it's now in the PC. But when I try to access it through All Programs > OSM-PH Garmin maps > a drop down menu of "Uninstall" (with a crossed out icon) and "Website" appears. Is this the end result of the installation?

Btw, kinyo my OS is XP.

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *JackFlash ... i think you only installed the OSM map for Mapsource ... not Mapsource itself ... to run Mapsource, you should be clicking on Start->Programs->Garmin->Mapsource

if indeed you already installed Mapsource and as you say running, what version is it?

Mapsource works on XP or Win7. It is installed only on the PC, not on the nuvi.

Last edited by kinyo; May 5th, 2011 at 07:28 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Hi Can someone point me a tutorial on how to contribute to roadguide, I'm using garmin 265wt currently using OSM version.

kindly check out this link: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526... this will help you get started.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    it would be better if you can submit the said corrections, so that it can be updated in the next map release.
    Bro.liv,- I did, but I guess it was never corrected. Even PM'ed the admin.

There must be an anointed way to do it, though....

13.0K:funa:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    How does one get the updates on OSM maps? I've downloaded a map already but wondering if there are updates. Some of the streets and directions in the one I downloaded are no longer correct. Been searching through the OSM site but can't find any links on uploads. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

last update of gmapsupp.img is May 23, 2011

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desertfox615 View Post
    http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

last update of gmapsupp.img is May 23, 2011
    Thanks. Which link do I click on...
    Sorry for the techo-idiocy.

10. Join Date