New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Dumating na! Late Christmas gift to myself. :grin2: Almost one month yung shipping.

Where and how did you order it?

Did you ship it directly to your address here in the Philippines?

How much did you pay for the shipping cost? tax? et al?

I usually ship my stuffs to my friend's place in the US. And, when I go there for business trips, I pick them up and bring them back here....

12.2K:lawn:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Where and how did you order it?

Did you ship it directly to your address here in the Philippines?

How much did you pay for the shipping cost? tax? et al?

I usually ship my stuffs to my friend's place in the US. And, when I go there for business trips, I pick them up and bring them back here....

A friend in the US ordered it from eBay and I had him ship it over here. Shipping took 30 days. All in all, I paid roughly 14.5k.

This module is being sold here at twice that amount.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erhnam View Post
    Thanks Liv for the reply. Just want to know which of the two source of the maps is better, from roadguide or from osmphil? Are these two source the same? Sorry if my question doesn't make sense.... but willing to learn from this forum...

thanks in advance....
    Try them both. There are some areas where one is better than the other. Although right now, OSM's search functions are limited. But you have to have the RG contributors' map to have search capabilities, so if you're comparing RG demo map to OSM's, the playing field is level. Magkakatalo na lang sa POI's at daan.
    [size=1]644/3,891(3868+23 missing)[/size]

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    A friend in the US ordered it from eBay and I had him ship it over here. Shipping took 30 days. All in all, I paid roughly 14.5k.

This module is being sold here at twice that amount.
    Thanks bro.

I also buy my electronics stuff in the US (camera, laptop, netbook, gps, watches, frs, i-devices, pda) and some food, health and apparel items too, as they're cheaper compared here. Typically by 50%.......

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    [SIZE=2]For Electronic Gadgets, I would recommend my "Big Three": Ebay Philippines (ebay.ph), Tipid PC (www.tipidpc.com) and Sulit.com (www.sulit.com.ph). These are local sellers, and their prices do tend to be more expensive than buying it abroad. However, if you factor in shipping costs, and the fact that units do get hijacked at Customs sometimes, it may be better to buy them locally. [/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sirs, need help sana. i have transferred the 1.07 version map from roadguideph to my garmin nuvi 255w. okay naman po ang transfer using mapsource (successful) and upon checking, the map is in my nuvi na with the file name gmapsupp.img. pero bakit po kaya i still keep getting this message on my nuvi - "can't unlock maps". any help po sana in fixing this, thanks a lot.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ok na sirs I don't know why, but I just tried sending it again to my garmin and the map's finally there (this after registering my device to garmin's website).

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Transferring through mapsource would normally give you that message "can't unlock maps"...

Treat your GPS unit as a normal flash drive and copy gmasupp.img to its Garmin directory and with that the map would become visible in your GPS unit. You may want to rename first your original gmasupp.img just as a safety net...

12.5K:soccer:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *CVT: that's what i failed to do, make a back-up of the original gmapsupp.img. bye bye to that, i guess

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For as long as you have latest and greatest map version and you're satisfied with it,- then it really doesn't matter, bro.

12.5K:soccer: