New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi guys.

I got a garmin nuvi this Christmas as a gift. It came pre loaded with US maps but no Philippine maps.

Where do i download the Philippine maps and how do i install them?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhandros View Post
    Hi guys.

I got a garmin nuvi this Christmas as a gift. It came pre loaded with US maps but no Philippine maps.

Where do i download the Philippine maps and how do i install them?

Thanks.
    Go to roadguides.ph and read the stickys in the forum. It sounds easy to install but you'll find a lot of obstacles doing it. Eventually you'll get to figure it out yourself.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I loaded roadguide version 1.07 and when I passed the Fort, it was asking me to take a U turn in a no U-turn slot. Pinoy nga ang gumawa nito.

It was also asking me to turn left on Lawton street, the road in the corner of the Lexus dealership that connects to Kalayaan ave., but it was still closed.

I took a right in a relatively new road across Serendra and the map got confused until I took a left going to Market Market. Now it gave me an idea what to contribute to roadguides.

As for the Elevated U-turn, it did recognize the u-turn and asked me to go on it. So that is at least updated.

Roadguide's FREE map ver. 1.07 is a year old already... so you can just imagine the changes that the map went through already after that.... FYI, we are now on ver. 1.20.

when planning to contribute... do base your planned contributions against the ver 1.20 DEMO map which you can upload to mapsource but cannot be transferred to your gpsr.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Roadguide's FREE map ver. 1.07 is a year old already... so you can just imagine the changes that the map went through already after that.... FYI, we are now on ver. 1.20.

when planning to contribute... do base your planned contributions against the ver 1.20 DEMO map which you can upload to mapsource but cannot be transferred to your gpsr.
    Oh I plan to contribute. Still scratching my head though on how and what to contribute. I do hope in time.

I did offer alcohol but surprisingly, they seem to have turned it down.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Oh I plan to contribute. Still scratching my head though on how and what to contribute. I do hope in time.

I did offer alcohol but surprisingly, they seem to have turned it down.

it would be better if you can attend an EB whenever there's one to speed up the learning curve.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    download here http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin
    download compressed gmapsupp.img
    ito ang ginagamit ko so far so good palaging updated

br

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Here's the link to download Fit/Jazz Garmin icons:

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-i...min-gps-4.html

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Go to roadguides.ph and read the stickys in the forum. It sounds easy to install but you'll find a lot of obstacles doing it. Eventually you'll get to figure it out yourself.
    Thanks a lot for the link. Really helped. I got my gps working last night

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123