New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hey I using Xenon Bulbs HID 8000K it is very bright at night. HID is for our own safety during nigth time. HID light help us to clear our vision on our road today. Some place here in Manila has no light. And HID uses only in black roads.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by acesanbuena View Post
    Hey I using Xenon Bulbs HID 8000K it is very bright at night. HID is for our own safety during nigth time. HID light help us to clear our vision on our road today. Some place here in Manila has no light. And HID uses only in black roads.
    yes its very bright and helps the driver.. If its inside a projector housing and aimed properly (as discussed for the nth time in this forum). otherwise, the glare from the HIDs will cause temporary blindness to other drivers on the road.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Using these very bright lights would really be a big advantage for the driver especially when travelling at night. However, one should be responsible also for the safety of the other driver by making sure that the beams are properly oriented so as not to cause any inconvenience on the other driver or worse involve in an accident caused by this.
    Yung iba kasi makasunod lang sa uso kahit wala sa lugar.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I think matagal pa bago magkaroon ng law on proper use or modification of automotive lighting dito. Bago un, dapat madisiplina muna mga motorista in the existing road laws especially PUV/PUJ drivers.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    may alam ba kayo san ok bumili ng PHILIPS HID for may dmax? i was told that PHILIPS is a vey good brand and parts are made in germany..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    we have hid's on our 60 series land cruiser. honestly i think you need the proper lenses for hid's to work effectively. i forgot how many kelvins our hid's have but i really do not like it too much.

these are just some of my observations when i use the land cruiser.

hid's don't seem to light up asphalt (dark colored roads) very well specially in the rain.

other drivers seem to be bothered by the glare as they would often flash their brights as they approach me. (honestly speaking, i think it is dangerous specially on national highways like mac arthur as these drivers can collide head on with me because the glare from the hid's are too bright and as bright as the hid's are, when they hit their brights, the approaching lights car can also be blinding to me)

for off-road, i wouldn't advise hid's unless you have other lights (yellow) to supplement the road conditions.

for now, i seem to prefer 100w h4 bulbs as these seem to perform better in all weather and all-road conditions specially when off-road.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Stock HID/Xenon headlamps (part of vehicle's standard features) are 100% okay.

But as for the aftermarket/mod ones, be careful kasi some of them are way too bright. Ang silaw ng mga ito ay masyadong malakas at naging sagabal din sa mga ibang nagmamaneho.

Take this into consideration when installing HID/Xenon lamps on your vehicle. Do that and you'll be just fine

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    san po ba nakakabili ng all weather headlight which is as good as xenon?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NOPE... it is illegal if you don't have a projector housing for it... the LTO already has a fine/penalty for glaring lights.

MMDA warns vs modified headlights

Monday, November 5, 2007 The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) warned motorists yesterday against using vehicles with modified headlights, which can cause accidents on the road.

Green, blue, and bright white headlights have become popular among car owners who dress up their vehicles.

Officials said it is against traffic rules to use green or blue halogen headlights because they can distract other drivers and even blind those approaching them.

MMDA general manager Robert Nacianceno said traffic enforcers should flag down these vehicles and issue violation tickets to the owner.

According to him, private cars are not allowed to modify headlights, which are supposed to be checked during motor vehicle inspections at the Land Transportation Office (LTO).
    MMDA traffic enforcers are expected to impose stricter rules against halogen headlights due to complaints raised during a radio program.

“Law enforcement agencies can apprehend,” Nacianceno said, adding that local traffic enforcers can also do the same. – Michael Punongbayan
    :nono:

bigbigcar.com Feature: BMW Dynamic Drive Experience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is xenon bulb legal?