New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks for the comprehensive advise!!!

as for the jazz, yes the headlights are bright, my bro-in-law owns a jazz. actually, same can be said for those newer car models, regardless of the brand. i think it's also because of the better reflectors that they use. where as mine are still old school and are showing wear and tear due to age.

will see if i could budget for some headlamp assy and if i could find some in good condition when i get to fremont.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    to increase performance of headlamps, eat kalabasa.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Check to make sure US version Accord headlamps are compatible with yours. If you can get all the necessary wiring, sockets, etc so the transfer will be smoother rather than forget to get one or two things that will force you to compensate by other means.

A note though, North American headlights are designed to throw more light upwards, that's just how they are because in Europe, the signs are all lit while here in the US, the standard was they weren't. I don't know if the specifics of the Accord headlight still follow that rule. Personally I never liked US version headlamps, hence my switch to E-code type conversions for my W123, and my plan to install European headlights on the other car. At least for those older cars the European lights are far superior than the North American versions.

When my father had his Civic's headlight lenses cleaned, they brightened the assemblies up quite nicely and gave a brighter throw at night.

Good luck with your search, I hope when you finally get the lights and test them the first time you won't regret your decision. It's a long shot unless you can find a car to test your "new" lights on, you really can't tell if they're good or not.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hehe... I don't think so. our eyes have auto adjust feature, like ISO settings in camera. it balances the light getting in. if the incoming car is 90% bright, your 60% bright headlights will be obviously dark. unless you are on a very dark road with no incoming car, then your headlights will be bright and maybe even sufficient.

warning lang po sa bibili ng clear type headlamps. make sure of the quality before paying it. we bought a clear type to replace the dreaded old school, commonly known as the Koito rectangle headlamps. the clear type was bright but it was so damn sabog. our low beam looked like high beam na.
    Last edited by rion; May 9th, 2008 at 03:35 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kalabasa and carrots. to increase eyesight

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    or visit e.o. optical

kung may tint windshield mo---ALISIN MO!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What you can do to increase your headlamp performance