New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    why don't you try the IPF range of aux lights. they have models with high and low- 170 watts yung high. me i use IPF progreat with high/low 140/100 watts bulb and IPF headlights with 170/100 watts bulbs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB,

I am also looking into IPF lights but so far Ginza lang meron san shop pa ba meron nagtitinda dito?

Ungas,

I can't make it on christmas eb... sayang can't see your HID in action. Ano nga pala ang operating temp nung HID? mainit ba talaga than halogen???

thanksARB,

I am also looking into IPF lights but so far Ginza lang meron san shop pa ba meron nagtitinda dito?

Ungas,

I can't make it on christmas eb... sayang can't see your HID in action. Ano nga pala ang operating temp nung HID? mainit ba talaga than halogen???

thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpo
    Zhero, currently gamit ko is 90/100 na flosser; mas better kaya ang all weather na 80/90 ng osram????
    Halos pareho lang po yan... no bulb coating tech applied... ooops! Nothing negative about it. They're good performing bulbs and they last long :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kanino ba yun bahay na binibenta, kay otep o kay ungas? :mrgreen:

Ako driving lights, eh flosser or osram lang 90/100.

Fog lights - Hella 1000 change bulbs to 100w.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have based the temperatures from the folowing criterias, length of operating time and halogen casing.

HID bulbs were mounted in Safari with its small and cicular shaped housing. I have driven it 2 hours before checking the heat of the lens. It was bearable but I could barely touch the lens due to heat.

PIAA halogen bulbs were mounted on Starex van with rectangular shaped housing and double bulb casing (H4 & H1 bulbs). Auxiliary lamps with H3 located at the lower bumper. Driven this for about an hour and a half. The main housing wasn't that hot enough to compare it to HID. But the H3 housing was hotter than the HID lamps. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpo
    ARB,

Ungas,

thanksARB,

Ungas,

thanks
    Check first if the IPF bulbs you are canvassing in banawe are originals. For a good reference, go to any Concorde branch (im familiar with the one in megamall). They have a wide range of original IPF bulbs although a bit pricey. :wink:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mdpo,

As mentioned earlier, it's best to audition the bulbs first. Ask the owners of the pros and cons. Plus, it will be good to ask them the performance of the bulbs in bad weather and where they drive (city/expressway/provincial roads). Some bulbs really look bright and sharp during good nights but are useless when it rains. IMO. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry di pala ipf bulbs but ipf auxillary driving lights, I am not after the bulbs but am planning to add an auxillary driving light

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One more thing I forgot to mention, I couldn't find any temperature gauge fit to measure the exact heat emitting from the housing.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sayang. Sa former company ko meron kaming IR Thermometer. Just point and shoot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
recommend driving/fog lights