New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    it is possible... but as I've said, you'll be blinding incoming motorists and annoy the vehicle in front of you which is just plain irresponsible.

*Toybeats: I do not have any tints on my windshield. It's just that I'm sufferring from poor night time visibility due to the degraded performance of my van's headlight.

*Mazdamazda: I know but don't worry, I seldom use the van at night and only use it during daytime.

May I ask if there are other "special" equipment or things needed to do prior installation of HID since i'm using an old school vehicle?

TIA

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Babnoy View Post
    So it is possible to install HID in an old running van
    Yup. It is possible but it will also give you the same result when you upgrade it into a higher wattage bulb. Sayang lang. Ang problema kasi dito ay yung lens.

Here's cheaper solution

1. Replace the lens with a clear type ones.
    2. Use an all-weather bulb. Install a relay or upgrade the wiring.
    Last edited by FrankDrebin; May 23rd, 2007 at 09:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    Yup. It is possible but it will also give you the same result when you upgrade it into a higher wattage bulb. Sayang lang. Ang problema kasi dito ay yung lens.

Oh my...you've hit the nail on the head!!! I guess you're right!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    no offense po, but they are right about HID w/o projector type lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    Here's cheaper solution

1. Replace the lens with a clear type ones.
    2. Use an all-weather bulb. Install a relay or upgrade the wiring.
    indeed.

MABE you can improvise and fit your van with a light with projector lamp.
    or MAYBE you can improvise and make a hole in your bumper, install a projector.

nakakasar din yung white bluish bulbs without HID peru always naka high.... dahil mahina sa kanilang panignin, peru sobrang liwanag sa incoming motorist.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    You could try changing your bulbs to Philips VisionPlus or Osram Silverstars. They're both stock wattage but their light throw's wider and farther. Just right for drivers with poor eyesight.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    are your headlights the same as the rectangular sealed beam types? if so then you can buy the semi-sealed beam clear types with h4 bulbs, ito sigurado tataas visibility mo as compared to old sealed beam lamps.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    are your headlights the same as the rectangular sealed beam types? if so then you can buy the semi-sealed beam clear types with h4 bulbs, ito sigurado tataas visibility mo as compared to old sealed beam lamps.

Hi BB! Yes you're correct. Where can I possibly buy this clear semi-sealed beam with h4 bulbs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is it possible to install HID to my 95 L300 van?