New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 139 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    For Xenon Concepts ito install nila sakin for my Innova

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Malinis ang gawa. Home Service rin. next project ko sakanila e gawing LED yung Angel eyes. Pagka-alam ko is halogen pa ung ring nyan. so pag ON mo di pa ganun ka linaw. medyo after 2 to 3 minutes pa bago siya lilinaw.

Concern ko lang since our place ginawa medyo hirap sila sa alignment. so ako nalang nag align pag dating ng gabi. madali lang naman at tinuro sakin ang process.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascat View Post
    Okay sana pero no h7 led

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Official Philips model LED is only available in H4 and H11/H16 base types. It is their Ultinon series.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    for fortuner 2016, can i just buy a bulb and replace the stock halogen projector bulbs? No alignment needed?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by apt2a View Post
    for fortuner 2016, can i just buy a bulb and replace the stock halogen projector bulbs? No alignment needed?
    Maybe yes, maybe no. It will depend on the result after you replace the bulb.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Yes you can. But the stock projector was designed for halogen bulbs, so it will scatter some light elsewhere instead of just below the cutoff. Having it retrofitted with a good brand 3" hid projector with clear lens and hid bulb will produce a better result, about 3x brighter, more intense, and more focused light on the road.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by aar0nix View Post
    Yes you can. But the stock projector was designed for halogen bulbs, so it will scatter some light elsewhere instead of just below the cutoff. Having it retrofitted with a good brand 3" hid projector with clear lens and hid bulb will produce a better result, about 3x brighter, more intense, and more focused light on the road.
    ok would go on this. tiis tiis muna ngayon. Nahihinaan kasi ako sobra sa stock HL ng fortuner. i have a magic tint (dark outside, 90% clear inside) and medyo nahihirapan ako mag drive sa gabi.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    It worked for my mux. Most likely no prob rin yan sayo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    a magic tint (dark outside, 90% clear inside)

Your tint and your eyes are the issues here ... not the headlights ... have yet to see a tint that is dark from the outside and has a 90% Visible Light Transmission ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I was reading this thread since im planning to replace the stock projector of my 2016 mitsubishi strada GT.
    Tama si sir walter dun sa comment nya na medyo overated si garyq.
    Nag pm ako sa kanila dati na upgrade ko headlight ko and they keep on insisting na walang d5s na bulb. Sabi ko kaya nga upgrade ko headlight ko dahil sa d5s ang bulb ko and bitin ako sa output and 25w lang available na oem ngayun. Ang sagot sa akin is wala daw d5s na bulb baka marketing strategy lang daw. I know na hindi siguro so gary q yung sumagot sa akin dahil ilang taon na sa HIDplanet forum dinidiscuss ang d5s. Kaya scratch ko sa list c garyq.
    Redline nag retrofit sa previous gen strada ko dati and ok naman ang 3" fxr 3.0 + philips 85122. Medyo disappointed lang ako nung makita ko ang ballast ma gamit dahil sa stage 3 ko na retrofit i was expecting a morimoto xb35. So parang scratch ko na rin redline sa list ko. Also 2x busted ang passeger side ballast kahit under warranty pa nag pm ako kay tots walang dumating sa akin.
    Oh, taga mindanao po pala ako kaya tinatanggal ko headlight ko para ipa lbc sa manila para ma retrofit.
    Next option ko is xenon concept for their competetive price and firedrake.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by D3nb3r; May 28th, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Can you guys share your actual experience with HID retrofits? I keep seeing bad feedback about HIDs (ballasts going bad in a few months, warning coming from the ECU from time to time, moisture getting in, etc..)

Has anything bad happened to your retrofits? How long do the bulbs and ballasts usually last?

I have contacted the retrofit shops mentioned here. Xenon concepts is the least expensive-- 10k for an OEM looking retrofit using NHK projectors and bulbs, additional 4k for OEM bulbs. HIDretrofit told me 19k but I am not sure if the bulbs are OEM at this price.

Anyway, I am just worried that I have problems if i push through with the retrofit so please share your experiences. thanks!