New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    They use mini H1 projectors that fit into the stock housing of your halogen headlamps. The projectors are of a smaller diameter compared to the D2S projectors which are used for complete retrofits.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Will get a retrofit soon. Been wondering what the difference between 4300k vs 5500k.

I know it has something to do with colors (whiter, etc). Since im just getting a "no non-sense" upgrade (just retrofit, no angel eyes, etc), what do you think is the best color temp? I will need a good light that will help me see more even if it is raining hard at night.

Yung 5500k ba puti talaga? What i know if white reflects sa rain so i try to get a good balance

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Thanks! Will get a retrofit soon. Been wondering what the difference between 4300k vs 5500k.

I know it has something to do with colors (whiter, etc). Since im just getting a "no non-sense" upgrade (just retrofit, no angel eyes, etc), what do you think is the best color temp? I will need a good light that will help me see more even if it is raining hard at night.

Yung 5500k ba puti talaga? What i know if white reflects sa rain so i try to get a good balance

5500K is whiter. That is daylight.
    4300K is warm white.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ^ which is better in terms of visibility during a heavy rainy night? Based on my limited understanding, im inclined to get thr 4300k temp kasi mas mataas daw visible light, whatever that means.

Last edited by sirkosero; March 31st, 2017 at 11:02 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I have tried a car with 4300K hid and there's a very slight difference with the 5500K under heavy rain/fog - that's why I chose the latter for the closer to daylight color temperature.

If you're unsure, you can always buy a separate pair of d2s HID bulbs then just swap it out whenever the need arises.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^ which is better in terms of visibility during a heavy rainy night? Based on my limited understanding, im inclined to get thr 4300k temp kasi mas mataas daw visible light, whatever that means.

They say the 4300k has the more lumens or more visible light. If you wanna be safe, then get 4300k. I have 6000k in my mux but no problem naman but napansin ko parang mas visible yung halogen yellow sa white cement na road. Mas pogi kasi pure white na light eh.

Functionality: 4300k
    Aesthetics: 5500k/6000k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006

4300K is OEM HID. This is what most car manufacturers use on their cars because it has the highest effective output on the road.

Some go as high as 5000K. I have 4800K installed in my retrofitted Mazda, and it's already at the limit of blueish for my taste.

I wouldn't go for a higher color temperature at the expense of effective lighting output, because that defeats the point of spending for HIDs.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    4300K falls within the range of color temperature that is also known as neutral white. It has better utilization of the color spectrum so objects are rendered more naturally in their native colors and offers a well balanced contrast. There is minimal to no color spikes (especially in the blue region) so it is visually more comfortable to the eyes even on prolonged usage. Neutral white renders green and brown objects quite well

Going above 5000K introduces varying degrees of spike in blue light with little to no presence of warmer colors. Human eyes are bad at focusing blue light and needs the warmer tones as many objects around us are red, green, brown, and yellow and because of that, contrast is diminished and everything tends to appear bland and flat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Re: Yellow vs White light. It more depends on your preference and eyes. Some people see more with Yellow light. Some people see more with White light. Go with whatever is comfortable to you.

There are cars that come with White light as stock already for both headlights and fog lights.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Got my headlights retrofitted. Got bi-xenon with koito Q5 and 4300k bulb. Looks okay, i guess. Will try it this weekend