New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 139 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Is it worth it? Who does the best retrofit?

I wanna upgrade my headlights and do it right and only once so it has to be the best.

Can anyone share their experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I'd only retrofit my headlights if I regularly traverse provincial roads. Lots of vendors these days; the montero club has a recommended vendor in Paranaque though I didn't get the name.

Garyq's works are still the cleaner with regards to the installation IMO

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I had my Mazda 3's headlights retrofitted and the output is much brighter compared to halogen headlights, yet isn't blinding to motorists.

HID retrofit on the left, stock halogen on the right:

However, your HID retrofit is useless if you have dark tint. My car with HID has medium tint (Vkool OEM 20), while my car with stock halogens has clear tint (Vkool 70). Even if the HID's output is much brighter than halogen, the visibility from inside is still better with the latter because of the clear tint.

Bottomline - if you want better visibility, get lighter tints before getting retrofits.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    I'd only retrofit my headlights if I regularly traverse provincial roads. Lots of vendors these days; the montero club has a recommended vendor in Paranaque though I didn't get the name.

Garyq's works are still the cleaner with regards to the installation IMO

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
    I do regularly travel at night on dark unlit roads and I can't just put a lightbar on because of the presence of other people so I do need responsible light.

How about performance wise? I've been looking at GaryQ and Redline Auto Works.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I had my Mazda 3's headlights retrofitted and the output is much brighter compared to halogen headlights, yet isn't blinding to motorists.

HID retrofit on the left, stock halogen on the right:

However, your HID retrofit is useless if you have dark tint. My car with HID has medium tint (Vkool OEM 20), while my car with stock halogens has clear tint (Vkool 70). Even if the HID's output is much brighter than halogen, the visibility from inside is still better with the latter because of the clear tint.

Bottomline - if you want better visibility, get lighter tints before getting retrofits.

If they will be too dark then I'll be upgrading my tints too sir. As of now I have medium tint on. But I do like the privacy of having medium tint compared to none or to light tint.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Diesel View Post
    If they will be too dark then I'll be upgrading my tints too sir. As of now I have medium tint on. But I do like the privacy of having medium tint compared to none or to light tint.
    Try looking at xenon concepts in FB sir, you can get a HID retrofit for as low as 10k. Not so sure about their quality of materials and work though

7. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by babybackrivs View Post
    Try looking at xenon concepts in FB sir, you can get a HID retrofit for as low as 10k. Not so sure about their quality of materials and work though

Will check it out too but they seem to undercut the competition in pricing so much that I worry about the quality

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you can't live without the tints, then at least getting a retrofill will improve whatever poor visibility the stock halogen headlights give.

Just manage your expectations that visibility will still not be up to par with clear tints.
    Will check it out too but they seem to undercut the competition in pricing so much that I worry about the quality
    So far I think only garyq and Redline Auto Works (Tots) are able to do OEM-level retrofits. Pricey at 20k upwards but all the cheaper options are also inferior. Usong uso kasi budget meal.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you can't live without the tints, then at least getting a retrofill will improve whatever poor visibility the stock halogen headlights give.

Just manage your expectations that visibility will still not be up to par with clear tints.

So far I think only garyq and Redline Auto Works (Tots) are able to do OEM-level retrofits. Pricey at 20k upwards but all the cheaper options are also inferior. Usong uso kasi budget meal.

Yes sir. I just find the stock halogen projectors terrible especially in inclement weather. Would be nice to have an upgrade. Even more so because it's my daily drive and I come home daily at about 7:30 and 8:30.

I messaged the both of them. I just don't know which of the two offer the best product quality-wise.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you already have projectors and just need a bit more light try raybrig bulbs first. the original raybrig gives almost hid level light, much better than philips or other +30%-50% bulb brands. my sta fe before had raybrig 4300K bulbs, almost as good as hids plus it had a far light throw than the oem halogens. YUN LANG DAMING FAKE. anything less than P2000 ang price for a pair of raybrig will be fake.

i had my pick up retrofitted at redline before. they do great work and i reccomend them.
    Last edited by yebo; January 18th, 2017 at 11:09 PM.

Page 1 of 139 123451151101 ... LastLast