New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i'm wondering why do headlamp bulbs have painted tips? colored grey or dark grey. would the brightness increase if one scrapes off the painted portion?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I don't think it is advisable to do this baka masira yung bulb. I'm not sure what its purpose is but i think it is there for a reason. Let's wait for what the experts on their comment.
    From what I know, some new bulbs now have a different type of special coating on the tip that makes them brighter.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    I don't think it is advisable to do this baka masira yung bulb. I'm not sure what its purpose is but i think it is there for a reason. Let's wait for what the experts on their comment.
    From what I know, some new bulbs now have a different type of special coating on the tip that makes them brighter.
    for reflection!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks for initial inputs guys. hope to get more opinions from experts.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    for proper aim light throw siguro... if you notice some rides have caps. and the low beam on H4 have a cover too...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think manufacturers want the light beam to go out where the glass is straight so the end cap covers the part where the light can actually scatter due to refraction from the curvature of the glass. This consistency is important in order to throw the beam of light in the correct manner, otherwise you will end up with scattered light which is effectively dangerous to incoming traffic as well as for you because you won't have properly aimed light no matter how much you aim it.

Do not remove it. Chances are you will damage the glass and possibly allow light to scatter. Somebody said reflection is another one, which is true. I'm not sure but maybe the inside reflects the heat or light to get double the amount and focus it to the right spots. But I'm no expert so this is just what I think.

paint on headlamp bulb