New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Normally to turn on the front foglamps in most vehicles, you need your headlamp switch to be at least in parklamp mode (except for U.S. vehicles which require you to be in low beam only to operate foglamps).

So if you switch the foglamp switch to "ON" and the headlamp switch is in the OFF position, the front foglamps will not illuminate.

My brother used to have an '01 Sentra (it's with my uncle now). And instead of the foglamp switch being governed by the headlamp switch, it seems to have a mind of its own. When you depress the foglamp switch, it also turns on the parking lamps, instrument panel lamps and license plate lamps. This even when the headlamp switch is in the OFF position. I thought this was just due to poor wiring (the foglamps were a dealer-installed option) and never bothered to have it fixed.

Last week I was driving a Nissan Urvan with OEM foglamps built into the headlamp cluster. When I depressed the foglamp switch, it also illuminated the parklamps, instrument panel lamps and license plate lamps. The main headlamp switch was still in the OFF position at this time.

Are Nissan cars really wired this way? With the foglamp switch able to override the main headlamp switch? This is the first time I've encountered such a design and I find it a bit wierd.

Thanks!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmmm parang hindi ganyan sa cefiro namin dati...not sure

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ganyan po sa serena namin

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    normal yan, it is the same wih other cars. parang euro type yan.

former delica ko ganyan.. pag press mo fog->on ang park-illumination lights.. normal yun...

pero eto sa lite ko, no, sabay ang fog(or better yet, day-light running lights kasi di halos maka-illuminate ng road!) sa headlight switch, kahit naka-on na... gusto ko palitan ng white LEDS kasi para lesser load(55wx2 kasi,e!) pero H3C ang type,e.....

pero common aftermarket rewire is diecta sa battery,e...pero ko, i prefer that set-up you mentioned sir tep...fog-on will include cluster/interior and park lights..(buzzer naman will sound kung nalimutan mo,e..)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    normal yan, it is the same wih other cars. parang euro type yan.
    Sir alin pa ba ang gumagamit ng ganung set up?

Sa Benz, Volvo, BMW, Ssangyong, and most other Japanese makes, hindi gagana yung foglamps unless naka-parklight yung headlamp switch.

Kaya pag nagpapakabit ako ng foglamps, ganun yung set up na gingawa ko. Para pag-off ko ng headlamp switch, kahit naka-on yung foglight switch, mamamatay pa din lahat.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ford doesn't do it. Ford's foglamps only turn on when the parklamps are on.

The foglamps on the pre-00 Exaltas didn't, I think... the foglamps were connected to the parklamps... but they also deactivated automatically when you turned your brights on.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Nissan Foglamp Wiring Logic???