New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    so Hindi lng dapat ung Ceramic Socket/s ang dapat palitan pag nag GO-GO ka sa Overwattage na Bulb, pati configuration ng Alternator, kung tatagal at kung kakayanin ba nya ung ganung kataas na wattage..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just reread your first post, and concluded that you will never get any good light with the frosted lamp unless you have it cleaned and it's not pitted. Usually kapag mid-90's yung car or early 90's the headlamps aren't the best and it's usually frosted type with the refractor in the lens mismo, not in the reflector (unlike the crystal lens type). Hence you will just make it a lot worse for other drivers if you have overwattage bulbs because the lens isn't designed well, plus you're using more light so scattered na nga yung ilaw lalakasan mo pa.

Have them aimed properly first. Do not use fog lamps when it's raining. If you read the website I mentioned, having fog lamps in rain will make the pupils constrict because of readily available foreground light, thereby decreasing the amount of light you see. You may have more light sa foreground but you cannot concentrate far ahead, which is more important. This, coupled with your difficulty seeing, plus the black magic tint you have on your car, will essentially make you blind.

My final say is to have the tint removed or have a lighter shade installed, aim your lights properly, and have the headlamp lenses cleaned or replaced if already pitted. Chances are nag-yellow na sila from age and heat. If they're also the plastic lenses, you can have them cleaned to allow more light to get through.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, question lang...

To those using all-weather type bulbs, malaki ba talaga difference niya to ordinary colored halogen bulbs on asphalt and/or in the rain?

I use ordinary colored bulbs kasi and would like to improve visibility during those situations/conditions. Am considering Yellow or all-weather bulbs.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I just reread your first post, and concluded that you will never get any good light with the frosted lamp unless you have it cleaned and it's not pitted. Usually kapag mid-90's yung car or early 90's the headlamps aren't the best and it's usually frosted type with the refractor in the lens mismo, not in the reflector (unlike the crystal lens type). Hence you will just make it a lot worse for other drivers if you have overwattage bulbs because the lens isn't designed well, plus you're using more light so scattered na nga yung ilaw lalakasan mo pa.

Have them aimed properly first. Do not use fog lamps when it's raining. If you read the website I mentioned, having fog lamps in rain will make the pupils constrict because of readily available foreground light, thereby decreasing the amount of light you see. You may have more light sa foreground but you cannot concentrate far ahead, which is more important. This, coupled with your difficulty seeing, plus the black magic tint you have on your car, will essentially make you blind.

My final say is to have the tint removed or have a lighter shade installed, aim your lights properly, and have the headlamp lenses cleaned or replaced if already pitted. Chances are nag-yellow na sila from age and heat. If they're also the plastic lenses, you can have them cleaned to allow more light to get through.

Actually, yun ung plan ko, try ko palitan ung isang Assembly ko sa rightside(drivers point of View) kc Un nga, hindi naka Aim ung Lamp sa tama, Scattered xa, so ang sabi mas Preferrable daw na palitan ung mismong Assembly nya, (btw, ung nsa Leftside ko kc, Bago pala Un, I forgot to mention, kya pag nakita mo, Transparent pa ung Color nung Lens, totally Clear pa xa, except for the rightside), and yes, try ko palitan ung Shade ng Tint ko sa hrap ng medyo Light,
    Thanks sa Info..

OT: If Ever na May nakkalam ng Crystal Lens for my Ride, Message lng d2, isama mo na rin ung Name ng shop at Contact Number... Thanks in Advance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Need advice on my Headlights,