New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    typical knee jerk gov't reaction... whats new

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So... they can't enforce a logical HID law, so they're going to ban them outright?

Oh, good. I hope the government can tell me how to replace the stock HIDs in my stock HID projector housings with halogens ( Bakit? sinabi ba ng gobyerno syo na mag-stock ng mga HID na yan? Pinasok mo ang business na yan kaya pasensiya ka... ... idiots.

Kapag natuloy ang HID ban na yan.... Dapat sundin...its a law, Kung worried ka sa stock mo? Well ipakabit mo na lang sa buong bahay mo. Talagang ganyan business is business minsan panalo ka minsan talo... At saka ilang tao lang naman ang katulad mong nakikinabang dyan? Compare sa daming motoristang NAPEPERWISYO? Bukod na naaksidente dahil sa HID na yan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kinda doubtful if it's going to be enforced even if it gets into law.

Many of the expensive luxury cars also feature HID headlights. Many of these luxury cars are owned by rich and/or politically connected families.

Do you think the MMDA would risk their jobs to enforce this?

Probably they would be catching Civics, Corolla, etc cars that are fitted with HIDs but never high end vehicles like XP, BMW, Audi, etc.

So this will just become another law used for the discrimination against rich & poor in our society.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rensom View Post
    Kapag natuloy ang HID ban na yan.... Dapat sundin...its a law, Kung worried ka sa stock mo? Well ipakabit mo na lang sa buong bahay mo. Talagang ganyan business is business minsan panalo ka minsan talo... At saka ilang tao lang naman ang katulad mong nakikinabang dyan? Compare sa daming motoristang NAPEPERWISYO? Bukod na naaksidente dahil sa HID na yan?
    Stock in vehicle linggo means it comes preinstalled in new cars.

My car also come with stock HID, now if the gov't will be strict in enforcing this, how the hell will I replace my HID headlamps with a halogen one?!?!?

niky, baka naman may auto supply ka na dyan at marami ka ngang stock na HIDs :bwahaha:

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So... they can't enforce a logical HID law, so they're going to ban them outright?

Oh, good. I hope the government can tell me how to replace the stock HIDs in my stock HID projector housings with halogens... idiots.
    haha! now they are very smart arent they? same thing happens when you place a halogen bulb over xenon designed reflectors and optics... GLARE!!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rensom View Post

Niky's STOCK means, it came with the vehicle upon purchase.

Your " stock " is different from what Niky meant with his use of the word " STOCK "

Your " stock " is like this ...

" Sir, do you have a STOCK CX-7 in your dealer ? I`m planning to purchase ASAP "
    " Unfortunately sir, we don't have one. I`ll just inform you as soon as the other units arrive "
    " Thanks "

And, in case you still couldn't understand.

Here's the meaning of your " STOCK "

STOCK
    noun
    a supply of goods kept on hand for sale to customers by a merchant, distributor, manufacturer, etc.; inventory.
    a quantity of something accumulated, as for future use: a stock of provisions.
    See ? Dictionary is the key bro.

And, before you blurt out words. Please know what do they mean. Some words tend to have
    MULTIPLE meanings.

-

Bro niky. Can I have some of your STOCK HID's ? For me to atleast beautify my car. :hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Alam kaya ng mga mag-e-enforce kung ano ang HID headlights?

9303:grin2:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So they going to ban those HID-look halogen bulbs too?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bawal na talaga ang aftermarket HIDs in many countries. HIDs that comes as stock (OEM) in cars like BMW, Benz, etc . . . are not illegal.

Pag aftermarket kasi ang HID ay kadalasan sobrang liwanag kaysa sa specified intensity nito. Andyan kasi ang competition at payabangan ng mga manufacturers ng HID lamps.

Ipagbawal man yan dito sa atin ay sa una lang ang hulihan . . .

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Before they enforce this banning of HID's. They should enforce first the banning of those blinkers/sirens that is being used on private vehicles.

*CVT :: My sentiments exactly. Baka kapag nagbright lang ang isang vehicle sabihin ng enforcer HID na iyun. :rofl:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Malapit ng ipag-bawal ang hid