single or double contact bulbs po ba ang mga ito:

1. hazzard/turn lights (headlight)
    2. hazzard/turn lights (tail light)
    3. reverse light
    4. brake light

sa civic 98 po. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hmm in not sure ha. sa lancer kasi brake light lang ang double contact. the rest is single.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    1. Alam ko single contact
    2. Single rin
    3. Single
    4. Double

Correct me if I'm wrong

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Normally the brake light is the only double contact bulb and if the signal light beside the headlight also serves as parklight.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Normally the brake light is the only double contact bulb and if the signal light beside the headlight also serves as parklight.
    Only true of most Japanese cars. Most European cars have single contact brake lights that change the "light pattern" when behind the braking car.

Some American cars also use double contact bulbs for braking and for signaling (red light) without the need to add turn signal lenses into the tail light assembly.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Only true of most Japanese cars. Most European cars have single contact brake lights that change the "light pattern" when behind the braking car.

Some American cars also use double contact bulbs for braking and for signaling (red light) without the need to add turn signal lenses into the tail light assembly.

Yes, that's why I said normally and I’m referring to his question which is a honda civic, a japanese, not an a american or german made car. I’m pretty aware about most of the American cars which uses it's park (red) light as a turning light as well (the ford expeditions, etc.) Benz and BMW on the other hand had this trade mark of having a fixed illuminating red light as park light but with a separate and usually much brighter brake lights.
    Last edited by XTO; November 12th, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I was thinking about those who will search the archives and so left that piece of info just in case. I figured Tsikoteers who search the archives will only base their search on the thread title so that makes it harder to determine if this is the thread they want to view or not. The specificity to the author's '98 Civic was not in the title. We both know about the general light bulb patterns, but others might not.

However, I concur, our MB's have 21W brake/stop bulbs and 10W tail lamp bulbs.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    uy, thanks very much mga sirs

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Courtesy light is the more brighter always situated on the driver side rear for safe overtaking on foggy situations also a means to distinguish the passing side (clearance light). Benzs have parking lights that can be switched left/right side only depending on the drivers' protection needs.

light bulbs, single or double contact