New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have an aunt who also suffers from night vision problems. It got worse as she got older. She eventually gave up driving at night.

Do try all weather bulbs.

Are you color blind? My dad is, and claims to have difficulty with the yellow color of all weather bulbs.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Nabasa ko somewhere mas maraming na rereflect na light pabalik sa driver ang yellow light vs. white light. Habang tumataas ung kelvin temp ng bulb, decreasing din ang makikita mo.

Naka Neutral tint ako sa jazz ko ngaun, dapat mag papakabit ako ng HID na 6000k pero nakita ko sa friend ko na naka neutral tint din, umuulan nung time na yun. Halos same lang nung stock bulbs yung visibility halos di mo na makita ung ilaw sa ashphalt. Upgraded to Narva All weather bulbs (600 pesos lang) and mas kita na yung ilaw kahit umuulan at sa asphalt.

Planning to add foglights + all weather bulbs in the future...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Nabasa ko somewhere mas maraming na rereflect na light pabalik sa driver ang yellow light vs. white light. Habang tumataas ung kelvin temp ng bulb, decreasing din ang makikita mo.

Naka Neutral tint ako sa jazz ko ngaun, dapat mag papakabit ako ng HID na 6000k pero nakita ko sa friend ko na naka neutral tint din, umuulan nung time na yun. Halos same lang nung stock bulbs yung visibility halos di mo na makita ung ilaw sa ashphalt. Upgraded to Narva All weather bulbs (600 pesos lang) and mas kita na yung ilaw kahit umuulan at sa asphalt.

Planning to add foglights + all weather bulbs in the future...
    using AWB or pure yellow on a separate beam headlight is very useful even if it rains or not.

im using AWB on my altis and you could see the light very clearly.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    IMO, use a higher output halogen bulbs are recommened abouv. That's what I did. I also have a full windshield tint and the halogen bulb upgrade really did help. HID? What for? Not too practical and useless if you're driving in the rain or over asphalt covered roads. Also VERY ANNOYING if you put HIDs on a halogen lamp housing.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Try using philips xtreme power bulb or osram nightbreaker, im using philips xp and im very satisfied with it.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    What if I just keep the halogen but change the fog lamps to 4000k HID? My ride is 2009 Escape. The windshield has no tint.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMac View Post
    What if I just keep the halogen but change the fog lamps to 4000k HID? My ride is 2009 Escape. The windshield has no tint.

Light will be scattered din. You don't have windshield tint naman pala. Even with stock bulbs light will be more than enough na lalo if you use low beam and fog lights. Just upgrade to better bulbs and maybe yellow bulb sa fogs that will do na

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMac View Post
    For me sir, pure high wattage yellow bulb or AWB (all weather bulb) is best for foglamp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Less intrusive HID recommendation?