New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i stand and squat some distance in front and a little to the side of the vehicle at night, mimic-ing oncoming traffic, and see if the glare is acceptable. i adjust accordingly, if possible.

LED is brighter than filamented bulbs.
    uncontrolled glare that may be tolerable using filamented bulbs, can become uncomfortable when using LED, using the same reflector.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 7th, 2023 at 12:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i stand and squat some distance in front and a little to the side of the vehicle at night, mimic-ing oncoming traffic, and see if the glare is acceptable. i adjust accordingly, if possible.

LED is brighter than filamented bulbs.
    uncontrolled glare that may be tolerable using filamented bulbs, can become uncomfortable when using LED, using the same reflector.
    Looking at the headlights somewhat head-on from an imaginary opposite traffic and above the beam cut-off, it is remarkably brighter relative to the OEM halogen bulbs. But they're not eye-searingly bright.
    Last edited by oj88; June 7th, 2023 at 04:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Let's put it this way. Reflector-type optics are not forgiving when it comes to filament/LED alignment. The light needs to hit every part of the reflector at exactly the correct angle so the beam goes to where it needs to be, and not where it shouldn't.

Maybe it's plug-and-play on other vehicles but that is not the case on my Innova. It's practically unusable in its original state. Walang exaggeration pero pwede na akong inspector ng transformers ng Meralco sa gabi. haha

Kaya beamshots against a wall talaga, at the very least, should be used as a partial gauge on how the headlamps perform as a system (bulb + optics). It's still best to have it professionally aligned (which I am considering), but it's not at all bad to DIY, as long as you know what you're doing. There are many resources online on how to do it properly.

Maraming nagbebenta ng LED bulbs online pero madalas pinapakita head-on shots lang. Ano kaya use nun? Kung gaano ka-silaw yung kasalubong mo? lol
    Tagal ko nang nag experiment sa best combination ng led, super bright halogen bulbs sa mga sasakyan kong naka reflector ang headlights. Isa lang ang ending, I upgrafed them all to HID with projector. 25-35k stage 2 to 3 compared sa 7 -15k na leds na sabog naman ang ilaw kahit anong adjust pa gawin. Mukha lang maliwanag yan kasi nasa city tinetest, daming source of light sa city roads, test moyan sa provincial roads dun mo makita its no better even worse sa stock halogen. So kung reflector headlight mo and you want better visibility go for hid with projector lens.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; June 7th, 2023 at 07:53 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Buti nalang. At least I’m not out 25-35k. Not even 7-15k. Lol

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    yeah i tried those H4 LEDs (novsight). thin single-row LEDs (domeless) to simulate the length of glowing filament. non glaring but they don't seem to be any better than stock halogen, maybe even a bit worse so i'm back to the stock halogens though i wanna try out these aux lights for motos. bottom part is the low beam which has a pretty good cutoff. then wire them up to light up concurrent w/ your stock high and low beams, respectively

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    yeah i tried those H4 LEDs (novsight). thin single-row LEDs (domeless) to simulate the length of glowing filament. non glaring but they don't seem to be any better than stock halogen, maybe even a bit worse so i'm back to the stock halogens
    What model Novsight? There are at least half-a-dozen H4-stye LEDs that they make. Different features, intensities, etc.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    What model Novsight? There are at least half-a-dozen H4-stye LEDs that they make. Different features, intensities, etc.

small domeless LEDs. there are models with big LEDs which don't approximate the filament anymore so the light is sabog (glaring) but have higher lumens

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Are they still making Nighteye LEDs? They rebranded to Novsight I believe around 2017.

Old stocks / older gen units?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    +1.

but comparing my cars with LED and HID, LED is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Tagal ko nang nag experiment sa best combination ng led, super bright halogen bulbs sa mga sasakyan kong naka reflector ang headlights. Isa lang ang ending, I upgrafed them all to HID with projector. 25-35k stage 2 to 3 compared sa 7 -15k na leds na sabog naman ang ilaw kahit anong adjust pa gawin. Mukha lang maliwanag yan kasi nasa city tinetest, daming source of light sa city roads, test moyan sa provincial roads dun mo makita its no better even worse sa stock halogen. So kung reflector headlight mo and you want better visibility go for hid with projector lens.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by manager View Post
    +1.

but comparing my cars with LED and HID, LED is way better.
    that depends.
    are we behind it, or are we in front of it?
    heh heh.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast