New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tuks View Post
    Installed GPNE led lights 6000K in my WildTrak lowbeams last week and im very pleased with the output so far. Medium tint po windshield ko. Napansin ko lang medyo alanganin ilaw sa asphalted road (or maybe its my eyes, also di ko pa na try sa ulan), will upgrade my stock foglights next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    UPDATE: I have tested this setup in provincial roads (asphalted or not, with or without rain) and sadly the white/bluish tint of the 6000K GPNE led (5800lumens daw) is no good under such conditions. Yung dark/asphalted areas looked black, and the reflection ng white led light sa objects in front of the car was straining my eyes.

I already have a dual-color Cobra (5400lumens daw) led for fog-lights and the yellow/3000K one helped but not that much. I still use the stock high-beam btw.

Long-term solution is to replace the 6000K with 4300K all-weather. I’m still waiting for stocks to arrive. [emoji74]

Short-term solution (which I’m loving it’s “hackish” and practical nature):
    I replaced the left headlight with Osram Night Breaker Unlimited and kept the GPNE 6000K led in the right headlight. It’s working good so far even when it rains and in asphalted roads. I’m also “happy” that my Wildtrak is not “offending” incoming drivers coz the NB color temp is “warm” to their eyes (compared to led). And I still see very good at the right side of the road btw.[emoji74][emoji120]

img_1668.jpg

Notice in the pic that the right side of the taxi (lighted by gpne led) has more “glare” reflection than the left side with the NB bulb light. [emoji74]

img_1669.jpg

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Btw, I am keeping the GPNE led lights on my low beams (will replace with gpne 4300K lang) combo with NB sa left. Ang ganda ng buga sa gilid as compared to the NB (see taxi pic above). Kaya ilawan 4-lanes without fog lights pa yan. [emoji74][emoji106]

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tuks View Post
    UPDATE: I have tested this setup in provincial roads (asphalted or not, with or without rain) and sadly the white/bluish tint of the 6000K GPNE led (5800lumens daw) is no good under such conditions. Yung dark/asphalted areas looked black, and the reflection ng white led light sa objects in front of the car was straining my eyes.

A higher kelvin means it would be whiter though dimmer.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    A higher kelvin means it would be whiter though dimmer.

Hello po. Ano po ba marerecommend nyonh LED H4? Hyundai Reina po unit ko. Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky17 View Post
    Hello po. Ano po ba marerecommend nyonh LED H4? Hyundai Reina po unit ko. Thanks!
    whypo?
    what's wrong with your current lights?

in the un-likely event that your front windshield is tinted,
    removing the tint may enable you to re-think your yen for LEDs.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 9th, 2020 at 12:24 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky17 View Post
    My cousins have installed Novsight. Madami sa lazada [emoji108] look for the type with at least 10,000 lumens. Those are really bright.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I suggest for those planning to get LED lights, do not go for white or super white headlights, seguro magand tignan but if the reason for getting one is because of the installed tint, then first option is to remove the tint or should be a tint with at least 35 VTL.

My car has a 20 VTL all around and when it is nighttime, meron talagang issue sa visibility windshield and if white yung led mo, para syang "wala" light. As was explained to me, the brightness of the white LED blends with the surrounding lights so para syang "wala." although if you are outside your vehicle, maliwanag sya....

To solve my visibility issue, I installed a yellowish or all weather Led foglight and I got it from LEDWORKS (H11 X9) and I am very satisfied. I asked the installer to see to it na pointed downward yung foglight....
    Last edited by attyallanlatras; March 5th, 2020 at 01:39 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I suggest for those planning to get LED lights, do not go for white or super white headlights, seguro magand tignan but if the reason for getting one is because of the installed tint, then first option is to remove the tint or should be a tint with at least 35 VTL.

My car has a 20 VTL all around and when it is nighttime, meron talagang issue sa visibility windshield and if white yung led mo, para syang "wala" light. As was explained to me, the brightness of the white LED blends with the surrounding lights so para syang "wala." although if you are outside your vehicle, maliwanag sya....

To solve my visibility issue, I installed a yellowish or all weather Led foglight and I got it from LEDWORKS (H11 X9) and I am very satisfied. I asked the installer to see to it na pointed downward yung foglight....
    Yes a higher rating kelvin say 6000, means it’s cool white but dimmer. For me, the 3900 to 4000K range is ideal. More on the yellowish white hue.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    anyone here who's using Orion LED Lights?

Orion PH | Facebook

palagi ko kasi sya nakikitang advertized sa FB ko.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Actually ito din ang problem ko, nagpatint ako ng medium black and pinalitan ko ng LED super white sa headlight at sa foglights. Problem now is if nasa loob ako ng car kapag gabi, parang wala akong headlight na nakabukas as in super dark talaga, pero kapag tingnan ko sya outside ang liwanag naman ng ilaw. Also yun nakabit sa akin ng LED sa headlight kahit mag low ako or high, parang walang changes, hindi tulad dati sa halogen na kapag nag hi ako mas malayo ang bato ng ilaw.

Can anybody suggest me what should I change?

option 1: change windshield tint to ceramic medium black (sabi nila mas maganda daw visibility from inside but not compromising the privacy from outside (3500 daw if windshield lng)
    option 2: I will change my headlight to LED all weather (perhaps 4300k) , i hope mas may makikita ako despite the medium black tint in the windshiled. Also, is this color temperature legal for LEDs? (price range 3000-5500 pesos depends on brand)
    option 3: I will install foglight na all weather ang color temperature that can be set to low and high, this way the color will blend with my headlight, hoping it will help my visibility. (2-3k if ordinary but not sure if kaya ng hi and low beam, may natanong ako na projector krazy mods, mga around 11k plus daw, pricey but kaya daw ng hi and low beam and super lakas daw ng buga)

P.S. : I prefer medium black tint kasi I feel safer at night when driving alone. I don't have any problems sa side, more of sa windshield lng.

Any suggestions and input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast