New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Had my footwell lighting installed na. Unfortunately, it only works for the driver side door. So kung naka open lang yun driver side na door lang siya naglight up.

Anybody know if I can get this to work for all the doors?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Did anyone say "footwell lighting?"
    I hooked these up by myself. They're not LEDs, but CCFLs.

Last edited by Type 100; June 1st, 2009 at 10:56 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Would such footwell lights better activated through the parklights rather than through door lighting system?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Did anyone say "footwell lighting?"
    I hooked these up by myself. They're not LEDs, but CCFLs.

How are they hooked up? Do they light up when you open the doors? Or does it turn on via switch?

I'm actually using the same lighting as you. CCFLs which used to be in my trunk.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    How are they hooked up? Do they light up when you open the doors? Or does it turn on via switch?

I'm actually using the same lighting as you. CCFLs which used to be in my trunk.
    The wires for the CCFL ballast/igniter are hooked up to the interior fusebox. It's a matter of finding the correct sockets in the fusebox to thread these wires into.

After that, it was just a matter of securing the CCFL tubes themselves and the ballast/igniter. I used zip ties for the CCFLs and plastic twine for the igniter.

They come on when any of the doors are open (except for the rear hatch - the car's a Jazz). The CCFL kit I got had a switch but I haven't wired it in yet - didn't know how to integrate it.
    Last edited by Type 100; June 2nd, 2009 at 06:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Had my footwell lighting installed na. Unfortunately, it only works for the driver side door. So kung naka open lang yun driver side na door lang siya naglight up.

Anybody know if I can get this to work for all the doors?
    think it'll be easier if you trace the common wire from the dome light to have all LED's light up on any door opened

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    think it'll be easier if you trace the common wire from the dome light to have all LED's light up on any door opened
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Interior/legroom lighting project using LED