New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    guys, for example, the bulb says 55W input but gives a 100W output. should you consider getting relays and thicker bulb wires? yung iba kasi electrician sabi sakin no need since stock 55W ang input.

mga ganyan gamit ko, philips crystal vision in: 60/55, out 120/110w...

no need for relay, kasi stock lang consumo nya.....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ah ok, pero pumuputok yung fuse ko. what seems to be the problem? i'm using raybrig H3 55W output 90W

yan ang prob ko noon..fog light ba? originally may fog ba siya? o wala? baka may dikit yan(grounded...)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Those lights only have stock wattage (60/55) but look like 100W.

Kung pumuputok, it may not only be 55W as advertised, but something higher.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    The most and effective way to determine the required fuse protection is to measure the actual amperes. Remove the fuse and insert the leads of the ammeter (ask from electrical shop) in place of the fuse. If the reading varies, then there is something wrong with your wiring. But if it stays constant, then probably you have to increase your fuse rating to next higher.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    yan ang prob ko noon..fog light ba? originally may fog ba siya? o wala? baka may dikit yan(grounded...)
    naka lagay siya sa hi beam ng headlights ko. yes, meron fog lamps, originally wala, pinalagyan ko sa casa kaya orig yung lamps

Those lights only have stock wattage (60/55) but look like 100W.

Kung pumuputok, it may not only be 55W as advertised, but something higher.
    yun nga rin naiisip ko eh, i'm thinking of getting headlight bulb harness kasi balak ko na rin palitan lahat ng ilaw. yun nga lang nahihirapan ako makakita ng H3-H7 combination na harness

The most and effective way to determine the required fuse protection is to measure the actual amperes. Remove the fuse and insert the leads of the ammeter (ask from electrical shop) in place of the fuse. If the reading varies, then there is something wrong with your wiring. But if it stays constant, then probably you have to increase your fuse rating to next higher.
    ok, i'll try that, thanks, my stock fuse is 15amp, i tried changing to 20, putok pa rin. nasabi nga rin sakin baka sa wiring na raw problem. sa ngayon binalik ko muna sa stock bulb, obserbahan ko daw muna kung puputok ulet, so far 3 nights nang ok, pag yung raybrig kasi usually 1 hour lng putok na yung fuse ko. so meaning bulb talaga yung problem?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by recklus View Post
    ok, i'll try that, thanks, my stock fuse is 15amp, i tried changing to 20, putok pa rin. nasabi nga rin sakin baka sa wiring na raw problem. sa ngayon binalik ko muna sa stock bulb, obserbahan ko daw muna kung puputok ulet, so far 3 nights nang ok, pag yung raybrig kasi usually 1 hour lng putok na yung fuse ko. so meaning bulb talaga yung problem?
    I suggest to make new wiring circuit for your foglights with correct wire size or ampacity, and corresponding fuse protection.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I suggest to make new wiring circuit for your foglights with correct wire size or ampacity, and corresponding fuse protection.
    ummm, yung wiring po ba ng foglights ang problem? eh nilagay ko yung raybrig sa hi beam ng headlights. anyway i'm thinking of getting relay and harness for the headlights and foglights, balak ko rin naman kasi palitan lahat ng bulb. siguro naman masosolve na problem ko nyan?! haha thanks pala ulet

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yup no need relays na ang mga converted wattage ng bulbs. since marketing lang yan. usually pag over ang bulb sa wires mag-iinit yan that is the reason na pumupotok ang fuse. change to bigger wires and see if it still blows fuses. happened to my IPF aux lights, using 30amp fuses on 170/100watt bulbs hindi tumatagal ang fuse, changed to 130/100 ok na no problems with the fuse. You can make a custon wiring harness for the H7/H3 application. what car ba usually H7/H1 combination yan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
input/output bulb wattage