New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    if you open your HL, the original sealant will be enough to seal it back.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    san ko po ilalagay ang sealant pagitan ng lense and the housing? , pag ba lininis ko ng joy ung chrome hindi mangingitim? thanks for the replies!! TIA :D

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ same question.

is this applicable to fog lights too (ray brig/stanley)?

parang hirap baklasin iyong assembly

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another way to clean the headlights, without having to disassemble the lens from the housing, which i learned from Glennster and did to our AE111 and Accord before:

1. Remove headlight assembly.
    2. Flush/rinse with water and some detergent inside.
    3. Drain soapy water and leave just enough to cover the lens when it's facing down.
    4. Add cotton balls inside the housing and move it around inside the headlamp assembly (with some water/soap left), touching the lens and reflector.
    5. Drain the water with the cotton balls.
    6. Repeat if needed.
    7. Blow dry the headlight assembly and sun dry for a day at the least.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    If you can, remove the whole headlight assembly first... remove the bulb... while the surface is cool, pour in warm (not boiling) water mixed with detergent (Joy etc)... shake vigorously... let sit for about 10 mins or so, remove liquid... rinse with running water... Kung malinis na proceed to the next step. Pag hindi, pour soapy solution again but this time grab a pair of wooden chopsticks/BBQ sticks (remove the sharp end) then insert a soft cloth to wipe the surface... Rinse, then go to the next step

Then pour a 50/50 solution of rubbing alcohol and distilled water, mga 1 cup pwede na... shake again... This step is will remove any soapy residue and water spots that may have been left on...

Dry with an air compressor or warm hair blower...
    tried this method the other day w/ my raybrig/stanley foglights and it worked like a charm

a little deviation i did though was to finish my cleaning w/ some lens polishing by using a combination of toothpaste and mothers plastic polish.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    :help!:

^ you think this whole procedure will also work for tail lights too?

my fd's rear tail lights recently developed this recurring moisture problem in it and i so decided to buy a brand new set of oem gaskets for it. but before replacing those old worn out gaskets i'm thinking of cleaning them tail lights first before reinstalling them. so i'm wondering if the procedure outlined by bro theveed before won't do any damage to the tail lights assembly

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    tried this method the other day w/ my raybrig/stanley foglights and it worked like a charm

a little deviation i did though was to finish my cleaning w/ some lens polishing by using a combination of toothpaste and mothers plastic polish.
    I intend to do this with our 2007 Altis. The only part i absolutely hate is removing the bumper to remove the headlights. Buti pa yung mga headlight nung araw... mas madaling kalasin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
how to clean headlights (inside)??