New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    medyo di ko maintindihan, bali naka hi/low kayong dalawa. and your recomending na low lang kunin ko?

odell baka pwede mo recomend ako ng shop kung saan meron sa banawe kung may alam ka? good price and waranty, wala kasi ako time na tumingin pag nasa manila. walang mag ko tiyam kasi. hehe
    so far wala naman problem kayo na encounter? Naka 6000k color temp ba kayo? mukhang ito ang ok daw na kulay. based sa mga previous threads.

pajeheroy, you mean maggiging dalawa ang bulb mo? reatin parin yung stock para sa high, then HID sa low lang. and final question any regrets na dapat branded nalang kinuha niyo like philips. hope to here from you guys. luwas ako manila next week siguro.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    guys pls correct me na lang if i'm wrong. afaik, there are 3 types of hid systems, 1st yung lo lang, 2nd yung hi-lo pero yung hi uses halogen, and lastly yung hi-lo with the hi activated by a mechanical wing that extends outward when you switch to hi beam.

mcculloch uses the third type while the other taiwan brands such as xenon-bulb or xtec use the 2nd.

the reason why i mentioned na it might be worth exploring how the 2nd type is kasi i have the 3rd (mc culloch) and in my experience parang minimal ang effect ng hi-beam. perhaps mas maganda ang illumination kung halogen ang hi. pantulong na rin yun sa rainy season.

yup, 6k ang color temp nung sa akin and though hindi naman ako nagsisisi na binili ko ito, i still have the 'what if' syndrome in my mind, thinking ano nga kaya kung ang binili ko ay ang branded na hella or philips, etc.

i bought mine from the mc culloch dealer nung transhow, nawawala pa yung number niya e hehe. hanapin ko muna then i-post ko. i think they will also participate sa upcoming sport, custom truck show this end September, baka makamura ka rin dun.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sayang di ko nakita yan... back here pajheroy

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pajoz, sayang di tayo nagpang-abot. very busy sked mo sa pinas sir hehe. sa pasko na lang

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    pajheroy salamat sa info. Atleast may mahihrit ako pag maghahanap na ako sa banawe.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    pajheroy nacontact ko na si benedict ng xenon-bulbs. mahal ng philips nila 48th..

kamusta pala ang glare ng HID mo sa stock headlights ng pajero? nakakasilaw ba sa kasalubong (napapansin mo ba kung sinisignalan ka ng kasalubong na nasisislaw sila?)? how much kuha mo sa mccculloch?

either taiwan brand (xenon-bulb) or mcculloch nalang choice ko.

Thanx

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    pajheroy nacontact ko na si benedict ng xenon-bulbs. mahal ng philips nila 48th..

kamusta pala ang glare ng HID mo sa stock headlights ng pajero? nakakasilaw ba sa kasalubong (napapansin mo ba kung sinisignalan ka ng kasalubong na nasisislaw sila?)? how much kuha mo sa mccculloch?

either taiwan brand (xenon-bulb) or mcculloch nalang choice ko. nagbasa narin ako ng forums about HID. ayaw nila sa mga mura, ipon nalang daw para sa philips. problema ko wala na sa budget

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by PROMDIBOY

either taiwan brand (xenon-bulb) or mcculloch nalang choice ko. nagbasa narin ako ng forums about HID. ayaw nila sa mga mura, ipon nalang daw para sa philips. problema ko wala na sa budget
    Hi This is Dexter Lim of McCulloch HiD We offer HiD for Single beam & Hi-Low beams, the glare that you are saying is mainly cause by the misalignment of the Headlight assembly, if you see a lot of incoming traffic twitching their headlight that means your headlight is misalign all you have to do is just lower your headlight a little bit. this will lessen the glare.

Another cause is the color temperature, 8000K and 10,000K causes a lot of glare that is why people who are outside tend to think that this color temps. is much more brighter compared to 6500K and 5000K which is just an illusion.
    The real correlation is: the higher the color temperature is, the lower the distance, the light can reach.

So if you are going to buy HiD stick with the lower temps.

There are a few cases of HiD which is the source of glare, due to misalignment and poor quality, which is very easy to check, all you have to do is look at the quality of workmanship, and the alignment of the bulbs, although sometimes the Headlight assembly is culprit due to obsolete optics design, it may not really be able to focus the Beam, and instead bounce it all around.

If you want to know more kindly visit www.mchid.com or give us a call 3092184, 4504438. or if you have any more question feel free to email me hid*post.com

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dexter,
    it's good that you posted a reply here....did u go over the previous hid threads??? there were a couple of posters who were complaining about your mchid....i hope it's nothing serious pare...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    dexter,
    it's good that you posted a reply here....did u go over the previous hid threads??? there were a couple of posters who were complaining about your mchid....i hope it's nothing serious pare...
    Hi ! haven't seen those yet can you kindly tell me where? does posters mean, real posters ? wla naman akong naririnig so far. medyo busy kasi lately e kaya di ako masyado nakakasurf anyway could kindly tell me para ma address ko kung may problema... thanks !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
HID xenon bulb for gen2 paj