New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 197 of 239 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2382
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ^ Sorry to butt in. AFAIK bi-xenon projectors have solenoid inside the housing which drops down to reveal more light when the high-beam is activated.

For the halogen ones, the bulb has two filaments arched at different angles.

maharot: you can see the fog output dun sa crosswind. 1 year old bulb yan

jres: yung sa Gen3 halogen ata yun, not sure though. Meron naman mga single projector na halogen with LO and HI output. Example of this na ginawa namin is the Explorer na 2012. You would be surprised, halogen but meron shield actuated by a solenoid for the HI. Yung sa Vios hindi ko pa nalapitan yung HL pero pwedeng ganun or meron separate na HI halogen din parang Montero.

great: I haven't seen halogen projectors with 2 filaments. As explained above, ganyan lang yung nakita kong halogen na meron LO and HI output. HB3 ata bulb nung sa Explorer. Crappy output nga pala, hehe.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Pre pwedeng favor? (I'm just curious) Can you post a pic of a car using your retrofitted HID bulb and a same type of car using a common HID bulb (yung hindi nagpa projector pero HID pa din - these are the HID bulbs being sold for P4,000 to P12,000). Dapat lang nga same type of car or suv. Much better if the pic was done on the same day, same street, same conditions (like no rain and stuff).

I understand that one big advantage of a retrofit is safety since hindi sya nakaka bulag sa oncoming vehicles. Pero I just want to see how big the difference the light output is between your retrofit HIDs vs the ones being sold for P4000 - P12,000.

Salamat pre.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hi joms,kung titignan mo sa previous post ko meron akong pic dun na Before an label.kung mapapansin mo hindi lumulusot ung ilaw ng mabuti papunta dun sa building.the advantage mainly of the hid bulb on an hid projector in my case was lumayo ung reach ng ilaw at the same time lumapad.and syempre mas nagung ok ang cutoff sir.ill try posting a picture tonight na pareho ung lugar na nakaretrofit na ung HL ko. my ride had a halogen projector before.more so sigurong may limitation ng throw ng ilaw pag ung regular reflectors ung lalagyan nun

*sir gary i wish i had more funds hahaha,hoping to get my fogs retrofited bu nov or dec before going home to the province

Quote Originally Posted by joms View Post
    Pre pwedeng favor? (I'm just curious) Can you post a pic of a car using your retrofitted HID bulb and a same type of car using a common HID bulb (yung hindi nagpa projector pero HID pa din - these are the HID bulbs being sold for P4,000 to P12,000). Dapat lang nga same type of car or suv. Much better if the pic was done on the same day, same street, same conditions (like no rain and stuff).

I understand that one big advantage of a retrofit is safety since hindi sya nakaka bulag sa oncoming vehicles. Pero I just want to see how big the difference the light output is between your retrofit HIDs vs the ones being sold for P4000 - P12,000.

Salamat pre.
    mahabang explanation yan bro and it has discussed here many times. Meron din dito:

Upgrading Your Lighting System | HID Retrofit

Best way to do it, come to the shop ng gabi, minsan nandito ako. pakita ko syo output ng retrofitted HL tapos I can answer all your questions

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    sir joms, I haven't seen a good retrofit that is less that 10k price tag kahit aftermarket parts lang gamit and not OEM (correct me if i'm wrong sir gary). And the cheapest aftermarket set up is way better than a non-projector HID. I know gusto rin natin ang mura but if nakita ko na ganun ka cheap ang price nang retrofit, parang mag dadalawang isip siguro ako.

Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Thanks Gary for the clarification.
    a few months in the making and finally....

perfect fit for the CX9. oem in form and function

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    So far so good! Well done Gary!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Meron ako nakita last saturday sa Evangelista Fog Lamps na projector with bulb na siya pero hindi pa yata HID. Kunin ko sana kaso toyota ang brand although nung sinukat namin, sakto lang para sa bumper ko. 2500 petot ang offer, hindi ko na natawaran.

Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Meron ako nakita last saturday sa Evangelista Fog Lamps na projector with bulb na siya pero hindi pa yata HID. Kunin ko sana kaso toyota ang brand although nung sinukat namin, sakto lang para sa bumper ko. 2500 petot ang offer, hindi ko na natawaran.
    try mo tapos let us know