New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    After reading all the informative posts here, I'm closer to recommending a solution to enhance the low projector headlights of a friend's Audi A6 2000.

I was bent on recommending HID bulbs (to replace the stock halogens) which I gather will work on the A6 projector lamps. Kaya lang sobrang mahal pala. Yung McCullough, P18K yung promo price sa Motorshow. Yung xenon naman, P36K po. It's a lot of money for city driving.

Since hindi po importante yung porma, I reckon sticking to a halogen replacement bulb is still the best bang for the buck, in a manner of speaking.
    I'm inclined towards the Philips Diamond Vision, since ito lang po ang alam ko.

I'd appreciate your recommendation on other reliable halogen replacements for projector headlights?

Maraming Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i've got HIDs currently in stock that go for 16.5k with a 21-month warranty. admittedly, it's still a pretty large sum.

HIDs actually work best with projector type headlight designs. the projectors focus the beam of the HIDs and have an upper 'cut-off' that prevents any light being thrown upwards which eventually blinds oncoming traffic.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Osram All season bulbs, excellent visibility even in the rain

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    hmmm... the stock a6 lights are pretty good. just go with the good brands such as raybrig and piaa and you really can't go wrong.

also pick a kelvin that is usable for the type of driving you do.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    hmmm... the stock a6 lights are pretty good. just go with the good brands such as raybrig and piaa and you really can't go wrong.

also pick a kelvin that is usable for the type of driving you do.
    *Speedyfix

Raybrig's are installed for the highs. Siguro I should have this moved to the projectors and just return the original lamps for the highs.

*BluBimmer
    Osrams are the stock bulbs. For some reason, I found the throw weak . . . this is why alternatives are being considered. I will have the casa test install new osrams and observe the diference, if any.

Thanks for your inputs.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    most probably those are regular osrams, all season bulbs are different. try asking for these.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hey tsikoteers!

Saw this post while browsing for Audi owners.

I just bought 1-piece projectors to replace the 2-piece halogen reflectors on my a41.8t. I browsed audiforums.com and there is a step-by-step procedure for installation, which includes trimming the fender.

Kaya lang, since mga DIY fanatic ang mga nag-post non, they have tools (like dremels) that I don't have.

Do you guys do this kind of work or can you recommend a place I can do this? I'm planning to do a suspension overhaul na din so if you know a place that does that sort of work na din baka package deal na to.

To speedyfix/Migs: Does your shop have the tools and experience to do engine/suspension work on Audis? I have the parts, I need the tools and labor na lang. If you happen to need a supplier for cheap VAG autoparts I can get them much cheaper than the stealerships here.

PM me or text me at 09178146182. Kevin here.

Help w/ Halogen Bulb for Audi A6 Projector Headlights