New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i owned a 2003 adventure mitsubishi gas type, i noticed that the light of my car was not that good as the other cars, even before i used stock H7 bulb it still poor visibility specially at night and raining, i replace my battery as new with size of 1SMF motolite battery.

When my low light was busted, i change it to yellow bulb and i hope it will improve the visibility but still the same, even also in high bulb its not that strong like others cars.

My question are:

1. what maybe the problem?

and

2. what is the suggested size of battery? 1smf or 2smf ?

3. what will be the solution?

4. how much it will cost?

lastly

5. what is the best brand of yellow bulb with size of H7?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    1.) Was it like that when the car was new? If so, your best chance of increasing light output would be to change to Philips XP, Osram Night Breakers or Higher wattage bulbs. But higher wattage bulbs requires changing of sockets and wirings and there's a risk of damaging the reflectors.
    2.) Consult your manual, what was the original battery? Just replace it with the same one.

3-5.) XP cost around 1.8 to 2k per set. Nightbreakers around 1.2k. Higher wattage, i'm not really sure. I've tried yellow bulbs, polarg to be specific, they're not brighter than XPs or Nightbreakers. But if you insist on yellow, you may get polargs which cost around 2.8 to 3k per set or Euroline high wattage bulb.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by akosidom View Post
    i owned a 2003 adventure mitsubishi gas type, i noticed that the light of my car was not that good as the other cars, even before i used stock H7 bulb it still poor visibility specially at night and raining, i replace my battery as new with size of 1SMF motolite battery.

When my low light was busted, i change it to yellow bulb and i hope it will improve the visibility but still the same, even also in high bulb its not that strong like others cars.
    Anong yellow bulb ang pinalit mo? Stock wattage pa rin ba (55w)? Pag off-brand yellow bulbs malabo pa rin talaga yan. The only effective H7 "yellow" bulbs (yung available locally) are Philips Xtreme Power, Osram All-Season/Rallye and Narva All-Weather.

My question are:

1. what maybe the problem?

and

2. what is the suggested size of battery? 1smf or 2smf ?
    Either malabo talaga yung nabili mong bulb or may problema na sa headlight wiring. Not familiar with the stock battery size para sa Adventure although pag kasya ang 2SMF sa battery tray, then go for it. The higher the Ah rating, the better.

3. what will be the solution?

4. how much it will cost?

lastly

5. what is the best brand of yellow bulb with size of H7?
    If I'm buying, ito ang gagawin ko:

- install a Narva headlight harness kit w/ relay (Php900).
    - install a pair of Osram All-Season/Rallye H7 65w (around Php800 or so). 10w lang difference sa stock so no need to install ceramic sockets. Besides, may kasama na namang porcelain sockets yung Narva harness kit.

Stock H7: 1,450 lumens
    Osram Rallye H7 65w: 2,100 lumens

help! light visibilty.