New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    tanong ko lng po:
    1. May Shop ba na nagccustomize ng headlight Assembly? ung Lens kc ng Car ko is the Old One (frosted Type) i would like it to have a crystal type of lens or atleast where can I buy a Lens for my Honda City EXi??

2. if I would install an Overwattage Headlight Bulb, lets say 80++, do i must adjust also the Alternator? are there no issues about it? (magssaksak na rin kc ako ng mga Audio system eh, so i have to change my battery, but still, pati ba ung alternator?)

3. if i go installed a overwatt HL bulb, and change the socket to a Ceramic, will it affect anything? (sabi rin kc ng Mekanik, malutong na daw ung mga sockets ko, so if ever, issabay ko na rin palitan ung mga Bulbs)

Thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    tanong ko lng po:
    1. May Shop ba na nagccustomize ng headlight Assembly? ung Lens kc ng Car ko is the Old One (frosted Type) i would like it to have a crystal type of lens or atleast where can I buy a Lens for my Honda City EXi??

2. if I would install an Overwattage Headlight Bulb, lets say 80++, do i must adjust also the Alternator? are there no issues about it? (magssaksak na rin kc ako ng mga Audio system eh, so i have to change my battery, but still, pati ba ung alternator?)

3. if i go installed a overwatt HL bulb, and change the socket to a Ceramic, will it affect anything? (sabi rin kc ng Mekanik, malutong na daw ung mga sockets ko, so if ever, issabay ko na rin palitan ung mga Bulbs)

Thanks guys
    1. i really don't know, but i am also interested. i would want to change my HL to projector type from the crystal type.
    2. you don't need to change the alternator, but you would have to upgrade the wires as well as the sockets.
    3. yes. kung malutong na, malapit ng masira yan. you really don't want to go out with your headlights suddenly busted specially if at night and if it rains. isabay mo na.

if you will change to a higher wattage bulb, you need to change the wires as mentioned above, the sockets to ceramic and the relay.

hth.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    1. Replace entire headlight assembly. Why?

a. Frosted lens has smooth reflectors. Crystal type headlamps have clear lens, but staggered reflectors. Basically the beam pattern of a frosted lamp relies on the lens, and that of the crystal lamp relies on the reflector.

b. Swapping a frosted headlamp lens into the clear crystal type lens is making it more dangerous because you're losing the beam pattern, and this beam pattern is critical to illuminating key points down the road like road signs, foreground light, and some overhead light. It's best to swap both the lens and the reflector, essentially swapping whole headlamp assemblies.

2. Changing to overwattage bulbs will require a beefier alternator especially if you have changed your stock stereo and added amps, sub/s, etc. Relays and wiring replacement is also necessary. It's all at Daniel Sterling's site. Did you read his article on it?

3. Ceramic sockets will prevent the heat from ruining the connections that plastic sockets have so it's an ideal modification to be done.

Lastly don't forget to aim your lights. Like I said before overwattage bulbs are already producing much more glare than stock wattage bulbs so aiming is critical to get the light onto the road ahead of you and not into the eyes of other drivers or pedestrians.

Have you installed a lighter shade of tint?
    Last edited by mbeige; September 6th, 2007 at 12:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    so replacing my stock bulb into a Overwattage Bulb is Ok, but also I need to change the Socket and relays.. No effect sya sa alternator right? but OT: I need to upgrade my alternator when Subs/s and AMplfiers are installed in my car?

naicip ko kc ung 4300 bulb sa Xenon-lights, un ata ung version nila ng All-weather eh,

*mbeige:
    bali chrome black on all sides pati sa rear lighter shade lng ung sa harap, why you asked?

OT: my Car is a Honda City Exi 1997 Model, could you tell me if the Lens for the headlight is the same as this one: (kindly Check the Site and see Image MB W202)
    http://xenon-bulbs.com/products.html
    I haven't heard pa rin kc sa kanila eh, Thanks....
    PS:
    Sorry kung di ko mailgay ung Image ng City Exi...
    Last edited by mackkcam; September 7th, 2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: off-thread: additional Question

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    so replacing my stock bulb into a Overwattage Bulb is Ok, but also I need to change the Socket and relays.. No effect sya sa alternator right? but OT: I need to upgrade my alternator when Subs/s and AMplfiers are installed in my car?
    Please read your previous thread about your headlights.

What did I say?

Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Read all about it www.danielsternlighting.com

Going overwattage means you'll be taxing your alternator more than it was designed for. Upgrading the alternator, adding relays and higher gauge wiring usually helps.
    How many times do you have to ask the same question? I asked about your tint because I recall that thread that you have windshield tint as well. Having tint, night driving problems and planning on swapping headlamp parts so they're rendered useless on rainy nights when the beam pattern will simply become scattered light is a bit too much. Calm down and just have your headlamps replaced, cleaned, or upgrade the wiring and sockets as well as the alternator so you can use overwattage bulbs aimed properly.

Without any pics of your car nobody can tell except you what headlamps you really have. Also, ano ba talaga, 1997 or 1996 Honda City?

well 1st things 1st, I have a vision problem when at night time, parang malabo na ang Tingin ko, di namna sobra pero parang sa madilim, i'll just with the slow gear kahit na freeway ung dinadaanan ko. additional pa, i think ung headlight bulbs ko is worning out.. medyo malabo na xa, parang malapit ng mapundi, Im thinking fof changin my bulbs with a new one.

the thing is, I need suggestions on a bulb, that would have a good and bright light, Im thinking to have Osram or Philips? also, i have a Frosted lamp, ( im using a 1996 car) so Any Suggestions? di daw kc applicable ang white bulb (HID LOOk) sa Headlight ko eh, kc nga Frosted daw.. need help on this ASAP!!

OT: meron bang Crystal lamp for a 96 Honda City Exi? if yes, saan?? how much? may contact Number ka? anung name ng shop/store?

Thanks tsikoteers...!!
    Why do you ask what headlamp you have if you already know yours is the frosted lamp?
    Last edited by mbeige; September 7th, 2007 at 04:59 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Please read your previous thread about your headlights.

What did I say?

How many times do you have to ask the same question? I asked about your tint because I recall that thread that you have windshield tint as well. Having tint, night driving problems and planning on swapping headlamp parts so they're rendered useless on rainy nights when the beam pattern will simply become scattered light is a bit too much. Calm down and just have your headlamps replaced, cleaned, or upgrade the wiring and sockets as well as the alternator so you can use overwattage bulbs aimed properly.

Without any pics of your car nobody can tell except you what headlamps you really have. Also, ano ba talaga, 1997 or 1996 Honda City?

Why do you ask what headlamp you have if you already know yours is the frosted lamp?
    NaPost ko na pala toh, i forgot that I have a previously posted Thread about this, Im just Clearing things up..

its a 1997 Honda City - akala ko kc its a 96, kc sabi ng tito ko, pero nung nakita ko sa OR 1997 pala sya...

etoh ung HeadLight ko mismo, sorry, Blocked kc sa Office ang File hosting na websites eh:

All i want is to make my Headlights have a Brighter Light, so that It may help me when im driving During Rain showers or even at very dark places, So i have made Up my mind to Install a Over wattage HL Bulb and replace the SOcket to a Ceramic Type one

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    tanong ko lng po:
    I think may gumagawa nga nito pero matrabaho to pati baka mapamahal kapa why not buy surplus nalang? o kaya palinis mo nalang ang current headlamp mo

IMO di mo pa muna kailangan magpalit ng alternator try to evaluate your system first before ka magpalit,
    Sa car ko nakakabit 80/85 osram, at sound setup 1 amp,1 sub, 1 set seps
    ang kailangan mo lang sugurong palitan e yung sockets mo sa light

Changing your sockets will not affect anything, may benefits nga ito e, kasi higher the wattage mas lalong mainit to, biruin mo yung stock socket nga naluluto na sa OEM bulbs e, kaya pag magpalit ka ng higher wattage para safe palit ka narin ng cermic sockets kayang kaya pa itong i-DIY

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ah ok, cge cge, salamat mga dude sa Help about my problem, cguro as i have said, papalinis na lng ako, tpos kung ung isang Headlight di tlga makasama ppalitan ko na ung buong assembly nun (may 1 pc lng kaya? stanley na brand kc ung nasa kabila eh, [Yes!, ung isa stanley, ung isa Stock, ung stock ang may problem eh]) cguro mapapalitan ko na ung ilaw ko by this time, sa pagdating ng sweldo.

Follow Up:
    Anu ba magandang Bulb for my frosted type of lens, gus2 ko kc yung malakas ang Buga, at maliwanag tlga kahit naka Low lng, hirap tlga kc ako pag may rain tpos gabi pa... All weather? any comments about this? or meron pang ibang option?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Whatever you get do not use Long Life type bulbs. They have less light output but longer life (hence the name).

Kung plastic yung lens mo (katukin mo) see if plastic cleaners work. I used Meguiar's PlastiX.

Without knowing the condition of your car, how high your overwattage lights will go, I advised to replace the alternator with a higher one. But like somebody mentioned you can choose not to, but for peace of mind, why not? After all that's what you're aiming for when driving at night di ba?

By the way would you happen to know if the driverside headlamp has been replaced? That looks like it's for a RHD country with the beam cutoff on the left side, not on the right side as it should be. You can confirm this if you park against a wall and take a pic of the beam pattern it throws out. It should be __/ __/ but yours could have \__ __/ if the left side only has been replaced? I ask because this will not help solve your problem because it illuminates the oncoming side of traffic, instead of the shoulder of the road. Then installing overwattage bulbs might actually glare them even more. Just a precaution on your part.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *mbeige

hehe, mukhang napalitan na sya, kc may tatak na Stanley ung nsa Driver's side, ung sa kabila wala...

yes, napncn ko nga rin na \_ ung nsa driver side, parang ganito ung nakita ko dati \_ \ /, un ung problem nung passenger side na HL sabog sya for short.. sabay sabay ko kasing ipapagawa yan (assembly for the passenger side HL change to bnew, Change Bulbs and alignment so dapat ang alaignment is _/\_ganyan ba?

hindi naman cguro masakit kung 80+ lng ung wattage ng bulbs nakknin ko, may marerecommend ka ba na brand (and also the Model) of the Bulbs? Ok sana kung same color ng Stock ng honda na bulb, pero mas bright...

Add: mas better if I change the Pair na kaya? para atleast same sila na bnew?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Headlight Questions: