New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    not sure if this is the right thread, didn't want to create a new topic kasi.

my accord has 4 bulbs, 2 HB3 and 2 HB4. if i want to connect a relay, do i need to get 4 relays or will 2 be enough? 1 relay for 1 low and 1 high beam bulb each.

i'm used to H4 bulbs kasi in my old box-type lancer.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    just want to update, have changed both bulbs with a osram all-weather 80/85, busted na lo-beam nung isang bulb eh, maganda rin buga, and mas malinaw tlga kita ko difference...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    got the same prob too ..HID yung sakin pero paminsanminsan lang ..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    just want to update, have changed both bulbs with a osram all-weather 80/85, busted na lo-beam nung isang bulb eh, maganda rin buga, and mas malinaw tlga kita ko difference...

Bro.,- is that a true 85/80W? Or, a standard 60/55W giving out light, the equivalent of an 85/80W?

5808:bee:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *CVT,
    didn't catch what you mean, but on what i understand is:
    yes, the 80/85 all-weather bulb, is different from the stock 55/60 bulb, mas malinaw ung 80/85, and also, kasi it is a All-weather bulb,

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    san ka nakabili ng osram all-weather? is it better than the narva all-weather?

Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    haven't tried the Narva, maybe wait mo c mbeige magpost dito, di ko sure papz

calling mbeige!!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Marami akong nakitang Osram All-Weather at your various ACE hardware just look at the automotive section where the Bosch parts are, chances are you'll find them. I've seen the standard Osrams with stock wattages, as well as the overwattage units.

Masmalinaw ang overwattage because you have higher light output (more watts means more light). Since All-Weather it'll look like standard bulbs with the yellow tinge to it, unlike the Cool Blue types or the Xenon HID wannabes.

I haven't tried either Osram or Narva but as per Daniel Stern's advice, they're functionally identical when randomly picked.

Don't forget to aim your lights properly, and use your high beams properly! Overwattage na yan bro you have to be a responsible user. I've warned you about upgrading your sockets, relays and wirings already... if in doubt, double check all the wirings na pinagawa mo for your headlights, make sure maganda pagkagawa, walang exposed wires, kung pwede heat-shrink yon kaysa sa electric tape, etc. Kapag pulido pagkagawa you shouldn't have any problems.
    Last edited by mbeige; April 19th, 2008 at 03:57 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Osram All-Weather mabibili mo sa kahit saang ACE Hardware.

I kept my All-Weather bulbs as spares because I got Osram Silverstars instead at Roadstar Alabang

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the reason why sometimes dim or high does not light up, is due to several things. common here is grounding. the other is oxidation. it all depends on the circuitry of the headlamps.

i have experienced this already. check first the headlight circuit. me naka-series ba na ibang component sa kanya such as fog lamp? dapat wala. kung meron, buhay pa ba yung pyesa na nakaseries? kung hindi, check mo yun. malamang me sunog na sa kanya.

just remember, car electrical components, should not be in series with each other ideally. this will make it safer and easier to troubleshoot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HeadLight Question