New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi guys just need some help regarding headlights.

Before i start, i've been trying to read numerous posts regarding headlights for about a week now, the more i read the more i get confused to pls bear with my ignorance

I have a 99' Revo, its lights are really dim already, never got changed ever since 2001 (changed in 2001 because a truck backed up on my car exactly hitting both headlights), its headlight lens are quite blurry now, its high beam and low beam are nearly positioned (its exactly like low beam but brighter when in high) in the same area so im guessing misalignment.

1. Do i need to buy a new headlight lens assembly to make the lights brighter? or can i have it polished else where and use the same assembly? In both cases does anyone know how much the running price for one pair of assembly? as well as price for head light alignment? as well as head light polishing?

2. I'm contemplating on replacing my lights, you see i have really high astigmatism and its quite hard for my eyes to focus at night especially when an id**t coming my way has really bright glaring lights, so what is better? safer? and economical?

a. Replace my old bulbs with h4 bulbs of the same wattage? if so care to share any good bulbs out there? and which is better among these? Philips XP? Osram Silverstar? Narva All weather or Raybrig All weather?

Budget for this: 2k for good brand, 3k at most, if its really worth it and if you guys think its worth it.

b. I'm more inclined towards this, gotta save up for it though, Replace my old bulbs with HID kits? a few questions regarding HID, does it really produce more light as compared to h4 bulbs? Does it really last longer than h4 bulbs? Can you still see whats in front of you during heavy rains with 6000k? Some shop in Banawe told me that there's a HID kit for 55/60watts thats 80% more brighter than 35 watts, is this true? if so im thinking about getting either 4000k or 6000k kits, anyone know any good brand?

Budget for this: 6k to 6.5k tops including installation, and up to 8 to 8.5k tops for the 55/60 watt thats 80% brighter than 35 watt HIDS ( if its true that is ) Add. How much would it cost for a good Reflector alternative?

c. Of all 3 im least inclined towards this, Questions: does using a bulb with a higher wattage equate to shorter bulb life span? and does using a bulb with a higher wattage also increase the chances for electrical malfunctions? any suggestions on any brands that are much more durable?

Budget for this: 4k to 4.5k tops for bulbs including electrical re-wiring and the works

Just an idea, if i really get pissed someday i'll bring along my surefire or torchlight and flash back at those id**ts that have really bright glaring lights, thats sure to have them see a glimpse of heaven i really hate those people

P.S. i'll be probably basing it on your votes and suggestion guys, i really need to change my lights, just this week, i dunno if its just my eyes or the really poor light or both but i nearly ran over someone twice in a week, its really someone i don't want to happen again, i also had my eyes checked already and had corrective measures implemented

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mam, factor na po dyan yung astigmatism ninyo. pero kung may correction na kayong ginawa, then that's fine. about your questions...

1. since it is a 99 revo, kung hindi ako nagkakamali eh ang headlamp cover niya eh fluted or frosted. what i mean is yun may guhit guhit ang glass niya. ganito po, clear headlamp assembly, mas maliwanag ang bato ng ilaw kasi it has not been diffussed by the fluted/frosted cover. so, if ever na may makita kayong clear headlamp assembly para sa revo, buy that nalang po para makatulong sa inyo. price of this, no idea po ako. siguro nalang po, around 3 to 4k po yan and those are either china or taiwan replacement na po.

2a. i would recommend osram nightbreaker. may sarili pong thread ang osram nightbreaker mam, ito po siya http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48551 pwede din po ang mga bulbs na iba pero its either yun nightbreaker or all weather. price po naman niyan, wala pa pong 1k ang pair

2b. i say NO for hid on a clear or fluted headlamps. bakit po mam? glare... mapapasama po kayo niyan sa mga tinatawag ninyong id*ots sa kalye once na ginawa ninyo yan. HID's are better or at the best on projectors because of minimal to zero glare and more focused light throw. so mam, i totally disagree with this if you're planning to install HID on your revo/

2c. kung bibilhin ninyo ang osram nightbreaker, no need for wiring modification. kasi po, nasa stock wattage po siya na 60/55w. so kung ganito po mam, better buy bulbs na stock wattage para walang gagalawin sa electricals ninyo.

well sana po mam, eh nakatulong po ako nang kaunti sa mga queries ninyo...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thank you so much for replying testament11!

what if i plan to get a HID kit installed but i also plan on buying the one with projector feature, would that still make my headlights glary?

Also if i get the HID with projectors and yeah i have fluked headlight cover, will it still be glary due to my headlight cover?

I'm thinking about getting HID since its claim is its 3x brighter and lasts up to 5 times longer, but i don't want to be part of those id**ts out there so im also looking for an alternative to focus my lights on the road properly and reduce glare, will paying the extra buck for projector feature make this happen?

Also if im gonna go with replacing with halogen bulbs, does OSRAM nightbreaker have a bulb for h4 socket?

Also last one, what are good color temperatures that will still enable me to see during heavy rains? im leaning towards whitish yellow is that the 4k or 6k one?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    projector headlamp assembly for revo, not available. retrofitting ang solution po dito mam. pero this will be quite costly, but you will be satisfied on the other end.

yes, it will still be glary. yun light scattering po niya, is very very scattered at hindi focused ang ilaw. unlike projectors na akala mo, spotlight ang dating.

yes mam, it is true na HID's are less power consuming and lasts long, depending sa brand. ako kasi mam, ride ko is a pajero 2nd generation, the ones from subic. those units don't have clear headlamps and projectors. pero ang fieldmaster pajero natin, match ang clear headlamp assembly niya sa pajero kagaya ng sa akin. so what i did, since gusto ko ng HID, i have my classmate retrofit my headlamps. very costly po talaga siya mam, pero satisfied naman ako sa outcome ng retrofit niya. also, dagdag porma at car identity.

osram nightbreakers have h4 types. ito kasi gamit ko noong hindi pa ako retrofitted and satisfied ako sa output niya.

ganito po mam, the ideal color temperature is 4300k, which is also known as sunlight color. hindi ka bulag nito sa ulan. you may go as far as 6000k pero you may be needing the assistance ng fog light with 3000k color temperature. so advise ko, take 4300k color temperature po.

if you want a sample of how my HID on projectors work, check this out po...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=61199&page=7

andyan din po ang output ng nightbreaker bulbs po

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sir Testament, just a question, would it make any sense if i just have the bulbs from my innova 09 moved to the Revo and just fit the innova 09 with a HID assembly?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    Sir Testament, just a question, would it make any sense if i just have the bulbs from my innova 09 moved to the Revo and just fit the innova 09 with a HID assembly?
    hmmmm, i think mam there could be pero hindi masyado mapapansin. still, same wattage din ang ginagamit ng innova at revo. the only difference nalang siguro is the model of the bulb the innova uses. say kung sa revo mo eh all weather, yun innova, baka silverstar ang gamit. you may interchange it mam if you want. as for the innova to be installed with HID, andun pa rin ang glare problem. madami na ko nakakasalubong na innova na naka HID pero i'm not satisfied dahil sa glare problem. still, i go for HID installed on projectors mam.

this gives me an idea on how an innova will look like if it would be retrofitted...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Haha, i just thought that it would look weird if i have a 99 Revo that has HID and a car thats 10 years younger having stock lights. And yeah i think im kinda loving the look of a Projector Assembly for the innova top that some angel eyes and some LED lights, i think my cars gonna look nice especially since innnova has a crystal clear head light lens and a huge one too hahaha, i might just actually save up for that!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    you cannot find a projector headlamp assembly for innova. what you can do po mam, is to have it retrofitted. meaning yung headlamps ng innova ninyo, eh lalagyan po ng projectors. and that will be costly na po mam. pero you can have the light output that you want po

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    try ninyo lagyan ng grounding kit baka makatulong, palinis po ninyo yung glass headlight, pero ingat dun sa reflector nya at baka mabakbak

then, try ninyo yung 80watts na H4 osram..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Maybe what you can use for the innova are those bolt on projectors. Those can fit H4 HID bulbs and produce significantly less glare compared to stock innova lights with HIDs. Innovas don't have those glare shields that's why when fitted with HIDs there's a lot glare.

Just buy the projector and pair it with a 4300K bulb. This is less costly compared to a retrofit. It may not be as good but I think it's better than stock.

And btw, those bolt-on projectors come with angel eyes. (which I am not a fan of) hahaha

Headlight Help for 99' Revo