New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    it is important to note that in lighting perfomance, the output in lumens and the color temperature of the light source goes hand in hand. You would be looking at an incomplete picture if you address only the color temp if you want to improve the output. Philips CV 4300K?? halogen bulbs are coated blue to make it more white but I am 100% sure it so much inferior to a 4300k HID bulbs. Why? output in lumens, Philips CV = around 1300-1400 lumens, HID bulb, =3,200 lumens. Of course one has to use the proper reflectors for the HID bulb. If you have XV on your headlights and stock bulbs on fogs, I don't see any big jump on lighting performance if you will change the fog bulbs with yellow bulbs but DONT install white bulbs as white light gets absorbed by black surfaces. Cheapest solution is to get light tint.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    it is important to note that in lighting perfomance, the output in lumens and the color temperature of the light source goes hand in hand. You would be looking at an incomplete picture if you address only the color temp if you want to improve the output. Philips CV 4300K?? halogen bulbs are coated blue to make it more white but I am 100% sure it so much inferior to a 4300k HID bulbs. Why? output in lumens, Philips CV = around 1300-1400 lumens, HID bulb, =3,200 lumens. Of course one has to use the proper reflectors for the HID bulb. If you have XV on your headlights and stock bulbs on fogs, I don't see any big jump on lighting performance if you will change the fog bulbs with yellow bulbs but DONT install white bulbs as white light gets absorbed by black surfaces. Cheapest solution is to get light tint.
    Stay Stock.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Kung pitch black at considering the weather in your location, you may consider in 3600k to 4000k for the headlights and 2500k for the fog lights. Dati kasi naka 6000k yung headlights ko at during heavy rain lalo na sa fog it really sucks. Lagi kasi ako sa Alfonso and only route going there is around Tagaytay kaya I fitted my fog lamps and headlights with PIAA Ion Plasma Yellow Halogen Bulbs. Works well kahit on normal conditions medyo mahal nga lang sa ibang halogen bulb but worth the money on the long run.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by silver V View Post
    Kapag 4300k po ba puro HID or mayroon din halogen?tia
    Yup, true 4300K bulbs are HID's. 4300K halogen bulbs are coated with a tint, so their light output is actually weaker than regular halogens.

To *BratPAQ, if you're going with the halogen route, just use your current bulbs for headlamps and the narva all weather for foglamps. But don't expect massive improvements over your current setup.

But if you're going for the HID route, go for 4300K HID bulbs on headlamps on PROPER projectors. Your light output on any weather would improve 2-3x over your current setup. As for your foglamps, just get the halogen all weathers or keep the stock setup. You won't need them often in a proper HID projector setup. They're really costly, but they are more worth it than buying and trying out different bulbs and lights setup just to improve output.

Source: guy who tried almost everything on the market to improve light output. I've tried osram nightbreakers, all weathers, those halogen bulbs with different colors, 3000K halogens on headlamps, 8000K HID's one headlamps, etc.) But my current setup, 4300K HID's on projectors and narva all weathers on foglamps work best for me on any weather.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    Cheapest solution is to get light tint.
    i agree on this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Headlight + fog lights color combo