New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi BlackMagic, I have a not-so-good experience in headlight cleaning. I have my civic 2000 headlight cleaning in Banawe a year ago from unknown peddling guy in banawe street. I thought it would be a great idea to have it cleaned while waiting for my stereo installation, to accomplish two job at the same time. Actually, I have no idea about headlight being cleaned but just this guy approached me and offer his service for I cant remember price.
    So they dismantled my headlight and brought somewhere for cleaning. When they installed it back I noticed that the silver glossy paint inside warp and visible bubble in paints appear with some portion of detach paint. Additionally, the clear covering becomes more hazy. Well, this is really bad. Sabi nila nasobrahan daw ng babad sa chemical at naluto.
    Now, can Big Bert do something about this. I want to bring my two cars in your shop (Civic and Pajero) for detailing service, hinihintay ko lang matapos ang tag-ulan. Pasasabay ko na itong headlight kung may magagawa pa.
    Thanks, FieldMaster

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Fieldmaster,
    Sad to say mukha ngang naluto sa sobrang babad sa chemical ang headlight niyo. As I mentioned before, the chrome reflector is very very fragile. I learned that the hard way. I'm sorry but we cant do anything about the damaged headlights na. Thank you very much po.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    BlackMagic, how long does it take to clean the headlights? and can you recommend a shop near Big Bert's that can remove and reinstall the headlights?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    onga pala...do u hav warranty incase maluto ang headlight reflectors?

thanx!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Budwiser,
    The shop just across our shop can do the removal and reinstall of your headlights. they charge 500 ata pag civic. The shop's name is Celica Motors.

Chase,
    We dont need to have a warranty kasi we just wipe the insides of the lens. We do not subject the headlight to any heat for it to be "luto" nor do we use liquids to flush the headlights. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    vince,
    kaya ba un sa alfa?..

un signal lamps niya.. sobrang itim na eh.. prng blackout.. hahaha...

mukhang matinding secret yan ha

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    odell, bring it here and I'll have a look muna.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    how do you clean your headlight sa loob kasi may mga moist na may dust kaya madumi tingnan. should i use soap?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    joy detergent para tanggal lahat. disconnect the bulb socket, remove the headlight assembly completely then wash with joy. mas madali kung meron kang old baby bottle cleaner, yung foam na may plastic rod para di magasgas ang glass. don't scratch the reflector, foam lang gamitin mo huwag brush. kung pwede nga na matanggal yung dumi na ibabad mo lang sa water na may joy e mas magaling pa. don't use any degreaser or crc cleaner.

sa pagtanggal ng headlight assembly you may have to remove the grill kasi nakatago yung ibang screws dun.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you don't want the hassle of cleaning it yourself look for felix kalbo in banawe..he does a great job =)

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Headlight Cleaning [Merged]