New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    The bulbs do not give the best visibility. The lens do.

Bluish/white light is hard to see in the rain. Paalala ko lang.
    Tama. Usually color temperature of anything 6000K and above. By the way, the K in 6000K denotes color temperature, not the brightness. Brightness is measured by Lumens.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    That's exactly my point. Halogen the headlamp assembly was designed primarily for HALOGEN lamps, nothing else. The projector type headlamp assembly was designed initially for Halogen lamps. The main difference is that the projector type gives the light source a cleaner and crisp projection of light and maintains the correct cut-off point on the beam so as not to blind other drivers on the road. The projector type headlamp assembly system is perfect for HIDs thus BMW and other premium car manucaturers use this headlamp assembly for HIDs.
    I didn't understand almost none of what you said above...

On the side note, projector headlights aren't meant for HID's only, and there are non-projectors that are made for HID's... Check on the previous-gen Acura CL, they have non-projector headlights but they come with HID's and they do not blind drivers in the oncoming traffic at all... On the other hand, take the USDM Acura Integra, they came with projector headlights and halogen bulbs, try putting HIDs on them and you'll see some mad glares...

There are projector headlgihts that are meant and NOT meant for HID's, and there are non-projectors that ARE meant and not meant for HIDs... With it being a projector does not always mean it's good with HIDs...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    I didn't understand almost none of what you said above...

On the side note, projector headlights aren't meant for HID's only, and there are non-projectors that are made for HID's... Check on the previous-gen Acura CL, they have non-projector headlights but they come with HID's and they do not blind drivers in the oncoming traffic at all... On the other hand, take the USDM Acura Integra, they came with projector headlights and halogen bulbs, try putting HIDs on them and you'll see some mad glares...

There are projector headlgihts that are meant and NOT meant for HID's, and there are non-projectors that ARE meant and not meant for HIDs... With it being a projector does not always mean it's good with HIDs...
    Nakakalito ba pagkasulat ko? Sorry po!

Anyways, PhDM cars are normally equipped with halogen lamps and retrofit HIDs in a halogen headdlamp causes the light to be scattered thus blinding oncoming drivers, as well as the driver of the car infront. Projector type headlamp assemblys are initially meant for Halogen pero now it's desinged to accomodate either halogen or HID and still giving the owner a very good cutoff point for the beam.

The main point here is that if a car owner decides to use HID in his car, he should make sure that the headlight assembly was desinged to accomodate such. If not, the owner should get the proper headlight assembly to accomodate the HID.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I use Narva Arctic Blues myself. At 4000K, it's the same as the Philips Blue Vision but costs less. Or you can go 5000K with the Philips Diamond Vision, if its street legal there. That is, if you want to use stock wiring. Otherwise, go for a HID conversion at 6500K and upwards.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Nakakalito ba pagkasulat ko? Sorry po!

Anyways, PhDM cars are normally equipped with halogen lamps and retrofit HIDs in a halogen headdlamp causes the light to be scattered thus blinding oncoming drivers, as well as the driver of the car infront. Projector type headlamp assemblys are initially meant for Halogen pero now it's desinged to accomodate either halogen or HID and still giving the owner a very good cutoff point for the beam.

The main point here is that if a car owner decides to use HID in his car, he should make sure that the headlight assembly was desinged to accomodate such. If not, the owner should get the proper headlight assembly to accomodate the HID.
    now that's a thumbsup . Pero matanong ko lang, anong car ba yung originally gawa ng pilipino? Ngayon ko lang kase narinig yung PhDM, lol.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    now that's a thumbsup . Pero matanong ko lang, anong car ba yung originally gawa ng pilipino? Ngayon ko lang kase narinig yung PhDM, lol.
    Pedeng sumagot? Mga assembled jeep na ang headlights nila ay sa mga puno nakatutok, kaya kahit mag low beam sila, nasisilaw pa ding ang kasalubong nila. Kainis dami nito sa Cavite.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ah! Hehehe!

Yung PhDM are vehicles designed/marketed for the Philippine market.

Originally pinoy? Ewan. Wala yata eh.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Here are my two babes H4 and HB (Fog Lamps)
    Both running 8000K

If you are interested in getting a super cool look you can PM me.

Price $150.00 U.S. price depends on current exchange rate.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick50 View Post
    If you are interested in getting a super cool look you can PM me.

Price $150.00 U.S. price depends on current exchange rate.
    I think you can find PIAA's everywhere for much lower price

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
headlight bulb