New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Any shop would you recommend for headlight cleaning and restoration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimchijiji View Post

i tried to DIY, but i forgot to apply anti-oxidation protective layer afterward. the finish degraded fast.

if i may,
    if a replacement is easily available and cheap enough, go for it na lang.
    it's more long-lasting.

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Napansin ko lang its the headlights that usually oxidize, but the tailights are more resistant.

Pag shop, I think they just use rubbing compound & buffing wheel on the lenses, or DIY kit lang din (see below). If you don't apply sealant afterwards maninilaw nga lang ulit.

Nag restore ako ng headlight of one of our 13 year old cars using a DIY kit. Best results are achieved using kits with a polish separate from the sealant, rather than 2 in 1 products na restorer/sealant. Depende sa degree ng oxidation (grabe yung sa amin- neglected nung gumagamit) the lenses will clear up, but it won't be the same as yung crystal clear ng brand new. Tumatagal naman as long as you re-apply the sealant at regular intervals like wax (monthly works fine in our case).

I omit mentioning brands if possible, pero marami ka makikita sa DIY hardware or car accessory shops, so if nagtitipid ka, prices are around (300-700) for a kit. It won't take an hour of your time to fix.

If you buy new lenses naman, waxing the headlights along with the body helps delay oxidation din.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Napansin ko lang its the headlights that usually oxidize, but the tailights are more resistant.

Pag shop, I think they just use rubbing compound & buffing wheel on the lenses, or DIY kit lang din (see below). If you don't apply sealant afterwards maninilaw nga lang ulit.

Nag restore ako ng headlight of one of our 13 year old cars using a DIY kit. Best results are achieved using kits with a polish separate from the sealant, rather than 2 in 1 products na restorer/sealant. Depende sa degree ng oxidation (grabe yung sa amin- neglected nung gumagamit) the lenses will clear up, but it won't be the same as yung crystal clear ng brand new. Tumatagal naman as long as you re-apply the sealant at regular intervals like wax (monthly works fine in our case).

I omit mentioning brands if possible, pero marami ka makikita sa DIY hardware or car accessory shops, so if nagtitipid ka, prices are around (300-700) for a kit. It won't take an hour of your time to fix.

If you buy new lenses naman, waxing the headlights along with the body helps delay oxidation din.
    Thanks for sharing these information! Sobrang helpful to most motorist. Will check sa DIY hardware malapit sa area ko! I'll try this for sure! Thank you

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Remember to apply UV protection sealant after polishing the headlights ...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimchijiji View Post

DIYs don't last. Try the shop at the basement parking of Robinsons Galleria, the one at the left side of the basement parking pedestrian door. Sorry I forgot the shop name. They guarantee their work.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Required ba pltan seal if inopen headlights for the 4th time?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Remember to apply UV protection sealant after polishing the headlights ...
    what uv sealants are readily available? i was thinking of having it sprayed with automotive clear coat thats uv resistant. anyone tried this?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by battouter View Post
    what uv sealants are readily available? i was thinking of having it sprayed with automotive clear coat thats uv resistant. anyone tried this?
    up for this... nakikita ko dito eh yung meguiars headlight coating kaso avail ba ito sa local market like ACE hardware?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by battouter View Post
    Try this...
    Amazon.com: Rust-Oleum 249117 Painter's Touch Multi Purpose Spray Paint, 12-Ounce, Clear: Home Improvement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast