New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    Do you recommend anyone here in cebu who does good retrofitting? Theres no other way of installing HID without projectors right?
    and I have a question, what color temperature is the OEM HID of cars like the 2.0 Civic, Camry, CRV, etc? is ti 4300k? And what halogen bulb is closest to that temperature? Thanks!
    you still can install hid without projector but, it will, as they said, will produce glare and may cause irritation to other drivers...

that is why it is the best option to have your head light be retrofit with projectors for maximum output of your HID... and it's light will be

concentrated hence, you wont irritate other drivers... plus pag nilagay mo yung hid mo sa hi mo... dont bother to wonder bakit pa palit palit ka ng ballast and to make it worst palit bulb...

for your civic 4300k both hi/lo then all weather na kahit bulb lang yung halogen na 3000k for your fog lamps bili ka sa sm...:-)
    thats what my friend did and it looked eleganteng bastos!!:-) ksi pearl white pa yung kanya:-)

kya yun i hope i helped:-)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    Hi. I drive a 2004 Civic. It uses HB4 bulbs for low beam and HB3 for high. Im thinking of installing HID but only on the high beam, since I use my high beam often when I drive on dark roads with no other cars around. But in normal streets, I'm satisfied with my halogen low beam.

Would you recommend this? I think HID on high beam would cause glare as the light would spread all around, but I think even the halogen high beam would cause glare too. I normally only use my high beam when I drive on dark empty roads. But I'll leave my low beam on halogen. This way I wouldnt have to worry about glaring other drivers.

Would there be a big difference in brightness? My high beam currently uses the stock 80w bulb. I plan to install the 4300k HID. And would heat be a problem? My headlight lens is plastic and I dont want it to darken like other cars.

Thanks!
    Some land cruiser 100 variants come from the factory with halogn lows and hid highs =)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    does that work well? how about kung ang foglamps nalang ill make HID?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It worked well enough when I drove the 100 to Baguio in the dead of night.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

your existing setup vs. hid on high: will it make a difference? yes of course coz hid bulbs produce 3x more light. will it cause more glare, yes of course.

will it be more useful in actual road conditions. Hardly, coz you drive 90% of the time with your LO beam.

fog lamps with hid: not a good plan. it will cause glare to other motorists and then you have to turn it off which will defeat the purpose of increase lighting performance.

if you are satisfied with your LO and want to increase performance sa High, meron rin limitations with that. Kung naka 80w kana sa High and kapos pa rin for you then yan na yung upper limit without going into projector retrofit.

I've retrofitted an LC100 already and yes meron ganyan na setup, halogen sa LO, HID sa HI BUT the high side is designed to accept a D2S HID bulb so it projects the output very well into the road and not sa ibang motorists. Your setup is a different story vs. that of the LC100.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    would the OEM HI bean Hid for the LC have the same life span as if DIY on your car?or are the HID hi on LC have a totally better quality?

the oem bulb of the LC is 86126 Philips Germany and Denso ballasts. But the you cannot just adapt this on halogen reflector housing and that's the bigger concern

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    would the OEM HI bean Hid for the LC have the same life span as if DIY on your car?or are the HID hi on LC have a totally better quality?
    Yes, aftermarket HID assemblies have dubious quality control.

If you DIY using OEM parts then you can be certain that its durability will be at par. OEM HID projectors are usually named after the car they come from. Those from Lexus and the Murano are great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Halogen for low beam and HID for high beam?