New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i'm also interested with this hir. sana meron din nito for altis? meron pa bang ibang supplier nito aside sa concorde?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hmm.. very interesting topic indeed. and seems to be a great alternative to HID.

lumalakas na ba ang clamor for a group buy? hehehe sama na din ako dun kung meron.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    HIRs are indeed a very good substitute for HID. Its light spectrum is more visible compared to superwhite HID and produces 3200kelvin (similar to yelowish bright sunlight). HIR beams does not scatter during heavy rains and fog making it ideal for all-weather driving and it is a lowcost alternative to expensive and non-street-legal HIDs. Unfortunately, HIRs are only available for HB3 (highbeam) and HB4 (lowbeam) type of headlights which is found on 2007 civic and Toyota fortuner. Not too sure if it fits an altis. I found out that IPF HIRs are the exact copies of GE's 1st generation halogen infrareds. GE did not continue the production due to its faulty design (physically, the bulb is too long and too sensitive to vibrations). Best recommendation that I got is to get a BLITz version of HIR..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Halogen Infrared Reflective Bulb (HIR)