New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    guys have you seen these type of halogen replacement in DIY shops? i inquired in some banawe car accessories shops but only halogens are available.

mura lang to if ever meron na dito just like those peanut LEDs - at madaling ikabit. various types are also available ...mostly from china and taiwan. i've read it would last up to 50,000 hours

H4

H3
    Last edited by XTO; September 10th, 2008 at 01:39 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I do not think that the current LED technology has the light output comparable to halogens for now. Kung sakasakali man mayroon na, this could be very expensive.

Except for headlights, may car na ba na available sa market uses LED lights? Tail light, brake light, turn signals, and reverse.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    wow nice bulb.........

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    agree with you in terms of price against the regular halogens but compared to HID it's going to be much cheaper hehe yun nga lang di sing glaring but definitely walang magagalit even if installed in non projector type.

btw i have an LED peanut bulb as parklight and it illuminates much brighter than my OEM peanut bulb.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    I do not think that the current LED technology has the light output comparable to halogens for now. Kung sakasakali man mayroon na, this could be very expensive.

Except for headlights, may car na ba na available sa market uses LED lights? Tail light, brake light, turn signals, and reverse.
    myroon nang LED technology that is as bright as HID. a tsikoter even posted it here. but I don't think that LED posted here is the same.

may link pa tunkol LED here: http://www.partstrain.com/blog/?p=285
    Last edited by rion; September 12th, 2008 at 06:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    for sure madilim to at sabog yung h4.

maganda dito pamalit sa strobe. LED + flasher module

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    agree with you in terms of price against the regular halogens but compared to HID it's going to be much cheaper hehe yun nga lang di sing glaring but definitely walang magagalit even if installed in non projector type.

btw i have an LED peanut bulb as parklight and it illuminates much brighter than my OEM peanut bulb.

Where did you buy these led bulbs for parklight? How much is it? TIA sir..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wow, san kaya meron nito.... replaced most of my bulbs with leds... medyo maganda ang lifespan ng leds at sobrang baba ng consumption sa kuryente.... ang pansin ko lang, medyo focused ang buga ng ilaw ng leds kaya at certain angles malabo yun ilaw. i dont think na malakas ang glare ng LED.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    In the interest of safety, just use regular halogens on your halogen-equipped cars and save the LED's for accessories and other lighting needs. Mahirap na pag sabog ang buga ng ilaw, pag hindi makakita sa gabi at pag biglang napundi yan. Tried and tested naman na ang standard bulbs. We don't pay for automotive electricity anyway and even if we did I'd rather pay on the side of safety than not.
    Last edited by mbeige; November 24th, 2008 at 12:58 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc View Post
    Where did you buy these led bulbs for parklight? How much is it? TIA sir..
    i got it from this DIY / accessories shop at Trinoma - not familiar with the exact name but it's adjacent to Alter Station at the ground floor. costs P399 a pair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
H4 and H3 LED replacement