New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ganyan din problem ko sa Mazda Tribute, after installing IPF 100/90 H4 and wiring harness, both low and high beam is lit pag nilagay ko high beam.

Paano ba ma resolve to?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^Check the wiring harness may mali sa connection mo. Standard headlamp systems will never allow this to happen unless modified like in overwattage headlight systems where additional wiring harnesses are added or beefed up.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    baka naman may additional relay din yan...

in my case, I solved it by adding a peanut bulb in my stock headlight low beam connection. I'm still looking for a better solution though...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    yung kay jagxtrm... off the shelf na relay siguro kaya madaling nasunog yung bulb, manilpis ang wires nun. and regular wiring lang yun hindi yung sabay high low
    as i've recalled, it was an osram headlight relay kit with 2 pcs 30A relays with #12 or #14 sizedwires (i think) wrapped in a yellow rubberized tube (P900 bili ko noon).

nung pina-check ko sa electrician (after makabalik ako sa Manila noon), lagi daw merong +12V power doon sa OEM headlight socket low beam pag nag-switch on ng headlight di nya alam kung paano i-rewire yun sa kit kaya I ended up 'reusing' the kit para sa mitsuba & SNFL horns ko sa everest

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JagXtrm View Post
    nung pina-check ko sa electrician (after makabalik ako sa Manila noon), lagi daw merong +12V power doon sa OEM headlight socket low beam pag nag-switch on ng headlight di nya alam kung paano i-rewire yun sa kit
    sounds like same system I have.

one +12V will be always on, then two on/off switch - negatives. one for low, one for high.

however, if you only use a tester or hook a another relay. the low negative line will still remain running even when switched to high beam, unless you put a bulb. this is somekind of a sensor so the light indicator will show up in the dash too. the temporal solution is to put a small bulb like a peanut bulb so that the low negative will shut off once high beam is switched.
    Last edited by rion; October 24th, 2007 at 06:22 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ganito setup ko sa city ko. look at my pic. narva super white bulbs 100/90 ceramic sockets ang upgraded relays and harness. tsaka ceramic fuse rin. kasi nag melt yung fuse casing noon.

so far ok naman. sarap pang biyahe sa madilim na lugar. naka try ako 10 mins on both hi and low. wala namang nangyari

of course, i only use it pag walang kasalubong. maganda din panglaban sa naka HID na iresponsable. isang pitik lang thats 380watts of light for you!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    ganito setup ko sa city ko. look at my pic. narva super white bulbs 100/90 ceramic sockets ang upgraded relays and harness. tsaka ceramic fuse rin. kasi nag melt yung fuse casing noon.

so far ok naman. sarap pang biyahe sa madilim na lugar. naka try ako 10 mins on both hi and low. wala namang nangyari

of course, i only use it pag walang kasalubong. maganda din panglaban sa naka HID na iresponsable. isang pitik lang thats 380watts of light for you!
    IN your avatar pic, what you have "on" are your headlights and "fog-lights".

What the thread starter is asking is if both LOW and HIGH BEAMS of the headlights are wired to turn on at the same time. Example, the hi-low filaments of the H4 bulb are both burning at the same time.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    IN your avatar pic, what you have "on" are your headlights and "fog-lights".

What the thread starter is asking is if both LOW and HIGH BEAMS of the headlights are wired to turn on at the same time. Example, the hi-low filaments of the H4 bulb are both burning at the same time.
    wrong. h11 ang fogs ko. h4 ang headlight ko. and yes pinamodify ko ang headlight ko. what you see in the pic is fogs+high and low both on

dont misunderstand me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
H4 Bulb both low/high are on, is it safe?