New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, I read previously in their site that GaryQ uses Morimotos in the Stage 1 and 2.
    ...hhmmnn...ok, i did not know that. thanks/

yup we use morimoto sa entry level but be careful if you want to do a DIY. Meron copy ng morimoto, copy of copies and so on. Sa retrofit one big part is the parts you will install and the other part is the technique and know how. Looks easy when you view the pictures sa internet. If it's your first time, having a spare pair of HL is a good idea.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by D3nb3r View Post
    FYI there are only 2 kinds morimotos, the Mini H1 and the Mini D2S 3.0. btw the D2S has better review at HIDplanet forum than the H1 dahil cguro sa uniformity nung light output nya, down side of the D2S is not that many option of bulb base types. But then the Mini H1 has a 6.0 version that is new and upgraded.
    Morimoto FX-R 3.0 and Morimoto Matchbox 2.0? Both are Bixenon.
    Your FX-R 3.0 may be a Morimoto if Redline did your retrofit since they are an official TRS reseller.

Well, TRS also source their parts from China. The MH1 6.0 bowl is their own design but manufactured by their subcontractor in China so you won't see it being sold other than through TRS or their dealer/resellers. Other sellers calling their projectors Morimoto 6.0 but the bowl is not stepped bowl are selling fake morimoto or misrepresenting their product as Morimoto. Some of the better non Morimoto MH1 that I've seen are the Super type made by XGY and the Ultimate type made by AES. They have these words cast at the back of the reflector bowl top flange. For other generic ones, I suggest you think twice before buying.

Mini D2S 3.0 which is a lot better than MH1 6.0 is purely based on the optics of the Q5-R. Aesthetically TRS just redesigned the edge of the lower mounting flange, colored the lens holder black and have their Chinese manufacturer stamp their Morimoto logo on top of the bowl. However, they claim that their shield solenoid came from Shanghai Koito factory and the reflector bowl coating is "oem spec". You be the judge if this is just marketing or their D2S 3.0 is really special.

D2S is a bulb base which is a lot better than H1 because it is truly designed as an HID bulb so there are choices for OEM bulbs which are more reliable and the burner is aligned to a certain specification. Compare to H1 bulb base which is originally for halogen and HID capsules are just being rebased by aftermarket bulb manufacturers. H1 doesn't have any OEM manufacturer so bulb burner alignment is hit or miss.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Hey guys,

need your advise and personal experiences also. I'm planning on upgrading my lights to HIDs

Which is better, more practical and Quality of output ?

Morimoto HID systems or China bRands ? I think the China brands cost only half of those of Morimoto HID Systems

Also to note , I might sell my car in bout 3 years from now.

Any advise and experience you can share on this products is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Mga Kaibigan,

Upgrading to HID has benefits, but just don't forget to have your lights realigned or refocused after installtion para hindi masilaw ang kasalubong.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    In the name of

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Quote Originally Posted by Bitulo View Post
    Mga Kaibigan,

Upgrading to HID has benefits, but just don't forget to have your lights realigned or refocused after installtion para hindi masilaw ang kasalubong.
    it would be interesting to see how you can do this. Pls post pictures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12