New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hey guys,

need your advise and personal experiences also. I'm planning on upgrading my lights to HIDs

Which is better, more practical and Quality of output ?

Morimoto HID systems or China bRands ? I think the China brands cost only half of those of Morimoto HID Systems

Also to note , I might sell my car in bout 3 years from now.

Any advise and experience you can share on this products is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Hey guys,

need your advise and personal experiences also. I'm planning on upgrading my lights to HIDs

Morimoto HID systems or China bRands ? I think the China brands cost only half of those of Morimoto HID Systems

Also to note , I might sell my car in bout 3 years from now.

Any advise and experience you can share on this products is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    If you believe in the saying "you get what you paid for" then I think you will know the answer to your question. We all want cheap prices or a good bargain, but is it worth it? For aesthetic maybe, but performance wise I dont think any cheap brand HID projector system can beat the aftermarket and oem's. If you plan to sell your car pero gusto mong ikabit uli yung HID projector mo sa next car mo then Morimoto's is a good chioce since it is a bolt-on aftermarket. If you use the oem projectors, hindi mo na pwedeng ibalik yung orig halogen bulbs.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    on my former ride i upgraded from ebay to morimotos and i can tell the output is better and worth the nearly 2x the cost of the ebay ones. i also found morimotos highly recommended from another forum i frequent before.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    What Morimoto projector are you planning to get? It's a brand by The Retrofit Source and there are lots of models. Different models perform differently.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    What Morimoto projector are you planning to get? It's a brand by The Retrofit Source and there are lots of models. Different models perform differently.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    FYI there are only 2 kinds morimotos, the Mini H1 and the Mini D2S 3.0. btw the D2S has better review at HIDplanet forum than the H1 dahil cguro sa uniformity nung light output nya, down side of the D2S is not that many option of bulb base types. But then the Mini H1 has a 6.0 version that is new and upgraded.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by D3nb3r View Post
    If you believe in the saying "you get what you paid for" then I think you will know the answer to your question. We all want cheap prices or a good bargain, but is it worth it? For aesthetic maybe, but performance wise I dont think any cheap brand HID projector system can beat the aftermarket and oem's. If you plan to sell your car pero gusto mong ikabit uli yung HID projector mo sa next car mo then Morimoto's is a good chioce since it is a bolt-on aftermarket. If you use the oem projectors, hindi mo na pwedeng ibalik yung orig halogen bulbs.
    Thanks for your advise! Looks like Morimoto's it is then!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Thanks for your advise! Looks like Morimoto's it is then!
    mga bossing inquire ko lang, who is the official distributor/installer of this system? how does this compare with that of garyQ's retrofit system? thanks and i hope i can solicit feedbacks on this one.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by metslgx View Post
    mga bossing inquire ko lang, who is the official distributor/installer of this system? how does this compare with that of garyQ's retrofit system? thanks and i hope i can solicit feedbacks on this one.
    you can consider garyq as one of the top if not best retrofitter in the industry (featured by TGP and autoindustria) and you can say that he's "been there, done that" kind of guy when it comes to retrofitting. You can ask him your self personally on his thread about his work. There is also Redline autoworks (where I got my 3" fxr 3.0 projectors) which get most of their inventory at TRS(makers/designers of morimoto's).
    check out their fb page or web site and decide for your self since they are both good retrofitters IMO. but that's just me

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by D3nb3r View Post
    you can consider garyq as one of the top if not best retrofitter in the industry (featured by TGP and autoindustria) and you can say that he's "been there, done that" kind of guy when it comes to retrofitting. You can ask him your self personally on his thread about his work. There is also Redline autoworks (where I got my 3" fxr 3.0 projectors) which get most of their inventory at TRS(makers/designers of morimoto's).
    check out their fb page or web site and decide for your self since they are both good retrofitters IMO. but that's just me
    thanks for the advice. i actually had my xtrail done by garyq and i can say i am satisfied with the job. yun nga lang kasi i can only compare with china plug and play hid kits like the one amcar installed on my montero. i just heard of this morimoto now reason why i ask if how is it compared with garq"s. but if most will say they are of the same level, then i am already in good hands...hehe...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by metslgx View Post
    thanks for the advice. i actually had my xtrail done by garyq and i can say i am satisfied with the job. yun nga lang kasi i can only compare with china plug and play hid kits like the one amcar installed on my montero. i just heard of this morimoto now reason why i ask if how is it compared with garq"s. but if most will say they are of the same level, then i am already in good hands...hehe...
    If i'm not mistaken, I read previously in their site that GaryQ uses Morimotos in the Stage 1 and 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast