New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have an 80 with the old school Bosch quad headlamp set up. The two outer ones functions as the low beams with the two inner ones kicking in when you turn on the high beams.

I pulled out the high beam bulbs and saw that they were also H4's with a low beam filament. My headlamp lenses were also the same for all four units.

So I went to Jemson and had him fiddle with some wires so I could have 4 low beams and 4 high beams.

And here's the result (don't mind the different hues). Outer lamps are Circuit brand all weather bulbs, inner lamps are some old yellow bulbs I found lying around. Nothing final yet, still playing around with the bulbs (no plans to go HID or anything exotic).

The wiring and sockets are also upgraded to handle 100/90watt bulbs.

They have also done this mod to a Shark Galant.

Will work on cars with four H4 headlamps. No glare to oncoming traffic since the beam pattern is still low beam. So far, my electrical system is doing ok at least according to my voltmeter.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice Doc! I always thought those inner ones functioned like the outer ones. Mali pala.

Mag-HID ka na lang sa monster fogs mo, pang offroad naman lang din siguro eh ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was thinking of putting emergency lamps in those fogs. Hehe.

But the hid option hasnt escaped me yet

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Doc buti di niconfiscate fogs mo? Wala cover eh

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala din naman cover foglamps ng mga vios, crv, montero sport, fortuner, etc. May grilles naman sakin. Hehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    fog lamp ba tawag dyan?? diba ang fog lamp dapat naka install lower than the head lamps...

alam tawag dyan flood lights...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can install fog pattern lamps wherever you like. However, Local laws stipulate them to be at or lower than the main headlamp beams.

The hellas throw a low and wide beam and run on a standard h3 bulb. So i guess thats a fog pattern.

I would appreciate a flood beam pattern but was out of luck during the time i was looking for a set. Ito lang ang meron.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    nice mod.. i wanted to do the same for my starex headlites. but i didnt go through with it.. because the first gen starex head lites had H4 and H1 bulbs.. i thought it would be easy to conver the millenium starex headlites H7 to adapt the H4 four bulbs,so that the low beams would also produce high beams with the H1 bulbs.. but never got to do it.. has anyone done that mod?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    nice mod.. i wanted to do the same for my starex headlites. but i didnt go through with it.. because the first gen starex head lites had H4 and H1 bulbs.. i thought it would be easy to conver the millenium starex headlites H7 to adapt the H4 four bulbs,so that the low beams would also produce high beams with the H1 bulbs.. but never got to do it.. has anyone done that mod?
    Doing this would mess up your head light beam pattern. H4 and H7 have different bulb designs.

Four Low Beams [MOD]