New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Your bulb capsule usually has quite a bit pressure inside(about 60 psi), so you must handle them carefully during installation. Your bulb sometimes are not operated at full output, this may cause the halogen cycle to stop allowing the bulb to BLACKEN and BURNS OUT quickly. In worst case a blackened bulb may soften and explode.

Some people doesnt know that fingerprints on the bulb can cause failure. I fact when oils from your skin gets hot, they cause the bulb to " devirity" or change from amorphous state into crystaline state called "lamp rupture". To prevent problem, do not touch the bulb w/ your bare hands. If you touch it clean it with soap and water or alcohol.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The fog lamp stock rating should be 55W for H3 bulbs, so it should not be too hot to handle especially the plastic lenses. If it is, it's made of substandard quality so do not expect a lot from it.

Tootsie has a good point, saan na-tap yung power source and grounded ba siya? Parang tricky itong problem kasi it only manifests itself after some time so it's not too much current or too much heat. Take the fog lamp assemblies out and see if there's anything wrong, craftmanship-wise or otherwise.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My guess would be the installation. hindi kaya maluwag yung socket/mounting? afaik too much vibration can damage your bulbs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does the foglamp assembly have a heat exhaust tube? di kaya blocked?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for your inputs. Right now I'm leaning towards vibration and loose connections as the major cause of the problem. I already did some adjustments and hopefully put an end to the mystery.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I experienced short life span on my headlight bulb of my pajero before. Headlight yung akin ang problema, hindi yung foglamp bulbs. Eventually discovered that the relay case had a crack and was shorting on occasion. It wasn't obvious, and took me around 3 bulb changes before discovering it. Changed the relay and the problem went away.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    I experienced short life span on my headlight bulb of my pajero before. Headlight yung akin ang problema, hindi yung foglamp bulbs. Eventually discovered that the relay case had a crack and was shorting on occasion. It wasn't obvious, and took me around 3 bulb changes before discovering it. Changed the relay and the problem went away.
    what brand of relay is that? i usually use bosch kahit mabuhasan ng ulan. gumagana pa rin.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Since nangitim ung dulo ng isang wire, you might want to upgrade the wirings of your fogs. Nangyari saken dati yan na talagang nasunog ung wiring dahil sa nipis ng nilagay.

Bago nasunog ng todo ung wiring, gumagana pa naman. Pero same case, minsan gumagana, minsan hindi. To the point na hindi na talaga at saka dun ko lang pinacheck. Luckily wiring lang ang nadali.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    From what I've read in this thread, I'm afraid my foglamps won't last very long. I just bought a cheap (under 1K) set of fog lamps today and had them installed. It works fine but i dunno for how long. It gets very hot quickly, so i guess the best thing for me to do is use them sparingly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Foglamp bulb dies after a month