New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Apply a layer of sealant to the headlights to prevent it from becoming yellow. Pwede din wax kaso monthly siguro kasi mabilis matanggal un. UV causes oxidation/yellowing, lalo na pag depo. As long as you have a layer of protection, okay naman siguro ang depo.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nivraarvin View Post
    Apply a layer of sealant to the headlights to prevent it from becoming yellow. Pwede din wax kaso monthly siguro kasi mabilis matanggal un. UV causes oxidation/yellowing, lalo na pag depo. As long as you have a layer of protection, okay naman siguro ang depo.
    I see. Not so sure how you're supposed to do that though. Never had the occasion to do it before. Where exactly do we apply the sealant? And if we wax it, is it done the same way the body is waxed and then the wax left alone?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

I see. Not so sure how you're supposed to do that though. Never had the occasion to do it before. Where exactly do we apply the sealant? And if we wax it, is it done the same way the body is waxed and then the wax left alone?
    Sorry, hindi ko nalinaw. What i meant by sealant is synthetic wax like megs nxt/mothers fx/klasse sg. The same way you do when you wax your paint. It also keeps the headlights clean especially when it gets wet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Depo headlights?