New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475 LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 747
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    312
    #721
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post

    With that headlight and a 10K budget:

    1. What's the best HID and Projector I could get? Brand, model and specs.
    I want it to be durable, safe, has a nice cut-off, light output (as much as possible all weather) and not glaring.
    With angel eyes would be great!

    2. What Projector size will fit in that assembly. sorry for the question. I know it's hard to tell based on the picture.

    3. What's the difference between a retrofit and bolt-on? Is the Bolt-on type the same as the plug-n-play type others refer to?

    4. Read so many acronyms on this thread, ano po ba yang Q5, MH1, FXR, etc... model po ba yan?


    Salamat po!
    1. With you budget of 10K, it's either Q5-R (D2S bulb type) or bolt on Mini H1 (rebased H1 bulb type) projector. Just use 35W ballast.

    2. If the low beam is single filament, your easiest route will be the Mini H1. The Q5-R is bolt-on only for headlights using H4/9003 bulb types, meron din namang Q5-R na hindi bolt on na pwede din but full retrofit na.

    3a. Plug and Play (PNP) typically refers to just replacing the halogen bulbs with rebased hid bulbs and not using a proper projector. Don't go this route, it glares a lot and walang improvement sa usable light on the road.
    3b. Bolt on means the tail of the projector is threaded and you literally bolt this on to the reflector bowl of your existing headlight and fasten it with the included nut.
    3c. Full retrofit means using a projector na hindi bolt on. Kailangan ng icut yung reflector bowl, use mounting screws or glue to securely attach the projector inside the headlight. Andito usually yung mga high end projectors na magaganda ang performance. Ito din ang may pinakamataas na difficulty in terms of retrofitting pero may pinakamataas na satisfaction in terms of looks and performance when done right.

    4. Those are projector models. You can back read this thread and also go through garyq's retrofit thread for some examples.

  2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    312
    #722
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, MH1 and Q5 are model names of the Morimoto brand?

    Are Q5 and D2S the same thing?
    Morimoto is the brand name of The Retrofit Source, a very popular online store in the US.
    They have the Mini H1 currently on Version 6.0 na proprietary yung bowl design sa kanila.
    There are other version of Mini H1 na normal ang bowl design.

    The Q5 projector is so called because the OEM projector is used in the Audi Q5.

    What you see in the market na bolt on are Q5-Ra (R for Replica). These are based on the design of the Audi Q5 OEM projector.

    D2S is bulb type. OEM Q5 projector uses D1s ata or D3s while replicas can use D2s, D1s, D3s with D2s being the most popular.
    Morimoto has the Mini D2S Version 3.0 which is a bolt on projector and another version (replica) of the OEM Q5 projector.

    All bolt on projectors are made in China. Mapa morimoto or hindi. Iba iba lang ang quality.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    #723
    Hey, thanks for your help!

    I'm still confused, hehe. Been reading this thread from page 1 and now in page 47.

    Anyway, I forgot to mention that in my 10K budget, I am assuming that it is already the whole package. From the projectors with angel eyes, bulb, wire harness, ballasts, etc.

    If you would still be kind enough to share if you have any idea or recommended (trusted) local online seller, I would be so glad.

    Sana yung okay ang quality ng package niya.

    Recommended setup/combination of projector, bulb, ballasts would be cool. I'll try to read their specs so I can understand what's compatible and not.

    Thanks!

  4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    312
    #724
    Read on sir. Dami sa olx na sellers.
    You can buy parts and DIY or opt for packages including installation.

    What you basically need are:
    1. 1 pair projectors. Mini H1 or Q5-R.
    2. 1 pair hid bulb. Type depends on projector model.
    3. 1 pair ballasts. You may need Amp to D2S connector depende sa ballast at bulb type.
    4. 1 pair shrouds.
    5. 1 set of wiring harness compatible to your original bulb type.
    6. High beam splitter wiring. To get high beam signal from your high beam bulbs wiring so the the high beam solenoids of the projector will activate.

    Angel eyes are optional depende sa preference mo.

    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,335
    #725
    With a 10k budget, you might be able to get a good setup if you will DIY it. If you cannot DIY it, then ipon ka na lang muna. Biggest question kasi dyan is if you can DIY it. Having quality parts doesnt mean you will have a reliable retrofit. Kailangan quality parts and quality rin pagka install. If you DIY it, can you afford the downtime sa oto? when you install it and pag meron nasira? these are the things you need to ask first.

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    #726
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    With a 10k budget, you might be able to get a good setup if you will DIY it. If you cannot DIY it, then ipon ka na lang muna. Biggest question kasi dyan is if you can DIY it. Having quality parts doesnt mean you will have a reliable retrofit. Kailangan quality parts and quality rin pagka install. If you DIY it, can you afford the downtime sa oto? when you install it and pag meron nasira? these are the things you need to ask first.
    Yeah, you're right sir *garyq. The things you pointed out were exactly the same concerns I have in mind aside from what and where to purchase these stuff.
    The cost of this project is not a joke and I don't want run into functional and safety problems later on after I install the projectors.
    That is the reason why I asked a lot of questions.

    DIY - I would love to but I don't have the time, experience and the right tools to perform the job. I'm still researching who can do the job well for me here in our place. I'm from Cebu, kaso hindi pa ako nakahanap ng shop o tao na reliable ang workmanship at talagang knowledgeable pagdating sa headlights. Mahirap din kasi kung back job baka masira pa ang projector setup mo at ang car. Yan ang gusto kong iwasan.

    Downtime - I can only afford 1-2 days downtime as much as possible. Sunday and Monday lang ang day off ko. Mahirap pag walang car. As early as 4AM alis na ako nang bahay for work and it's hard to hail a cab in our place.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    #727
    Mga bossing update ko lang to ha...

    I popped up my hood and did some research on existing headlight assembly. I saw pictures of it of the same model: Stanley P2183 HCHR-102.

    I just confirmed that it is an HID headlight assembly. As you can see in the attached pictures, may takip yong part ng Low Beam bulb. May nakalagay na "Warning; Do not remove this cover. High Voltage (25,000 volts) can kill. May picture dyan na naka-open yung Low beam bulb slot, I wonder kung pwede bang ikabit ang projector dyan na walang problema at maibabalik pa yung cover.


    Sa ilalim din ng HL, may rectangular box. I think it's the ballast.

    Specs written on the ballast sticker are the following:
    Light source: D2S-D2R
    Input Voltage: DC 13.5V
    Output Voltage: 85V, 34W
    Open Circuit Voltage: 500V

    Pwede kaya na yan na lang gagamiting ballast?



  8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    312
    #728
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Mga bossing update ko lang to ha...

    I popped up my hood and did some research on existing headlight assembly. I saw pictures of it of the same model: Stanley P2183 HCHR-102.

    I just confirmed that it is an HID headlight assembly. As you can see in the attached pictures, may takip yong part ng Low Beam bulb. May nakalagay na "Warning; Do not remove this cover. High Voltage (25,000 volts) can kill. May picture dyan na naka-open yung Low beam bulb slot, I wonder kung pwede bang ikabit ang projector dyan na walang problema at maibabalik pa yung cover.


    Sa ilalim din ng HL, may rectangular box. I think it's the ballast.



    Specs written on the ballast sticker are the following:
    Light source: D2S-D2R
    Input Voltage: DC 13.5V
    Output Voltage: 85V, 34W
    Open Circuit Voltage: 500V

    Pwede kaya na yan na lang gagamiting ballast?


    Ito ba ang actual HLs mo?
    Yung nasa picture is the OEM ballast (Mitsubishi).

    Kung ganyang ganyan ang HL mo, stock D2R HID na sya.
    Projector, D2S bulbs at shroud na lang kailangan mo.
    Retrofitting would most probably need cutting the reflector bowl though since hindi swak yung mga bolt ons dyan since the bulb base is D2R.

    Check your actual HL, yung iba kasi same housing pero halogen ang nakakabit and walang ballast na kasama, pero meron lang abang na ballast mount sa ilalim.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    #729
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    Ito ba ang actual HLs mo?
    Yung nasa picture is the OEM ballast (Mitsubishi).

    Kung ganyang ganyan ang HL mo, stock D2R HID na sya.
    Projector, D2S bulbs at shroud na lang kailangan mo.
    Retrofitting would most probably need cutting the reflector bowl though since hindi swak yung mga bolt ons dyan since the bulb base is D2R.

    Check your actual HL, yung iba kasi same housing pero halogen ang nakakabit and walang ballast na kasama, pero meron lang abang na ballast mount sa ilalim.
    Yes sir, my HL is like that. I just can't confirm the ballast yet. Nasa ilalim kasi. Most likely HID talaga yung bulb kasi white. 4300k siguro yun.
    Sold na sana ako sa bolt-on kasi walang cutting. Mahirap na kung magkamali. Wala pa rin akong mahanap na shop dito sa Cebu specializing on projectors.

  10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    312
    #730
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Yes sir, my HL is like that. I just can't confirm the ballast yet. Nasa ilalim kasi. Most likely HID talaga yung bulb kasi white. 4300k siguro yun.
    Sold na sana ako sa bolt-on kasi walang cutting. Mahirap na kung magkamali. Wala pa rin akong mahanap na shop dito sa Cebu specializing on projectors.
    How about your bulb?
    Kung same sa ibaba, D2R yan at may ballast ka na.

    Kawawa kasalubong kung ganyan dahil RHD tapos HID pa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 39657.jpg  

Bolt-on bi-xenon projectors