New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    help, minsan ayaw umilaw nung headlight ko. minsan isang side lang. kelangan papatayin ko ulit para sumindi sila pareho. ano kaya problem non? sa bulb na? ballast?

thanks
    do you have a wire harness? mosty like ballast is not getting enough juice to power it up.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    do you have a wire harness? mosty like ballast is not getting enough juice to power it up.
    hmmm. hindi ko sure. basta yung kasama na harness don sa G5 yun eh. yun na ba yun? tapos dumadaan din don sa relay nung dati kong halogen.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nag troubleshoot ako kagabi, pansin ko madalas siya mangyari kapag mainit na yung ballast. yung tipong naka bukas na siya tapos pinatay lang saglit then open ulit. don niya ayaw mag open. so kelangan ko maghintay pa saglit para mag open siya. nakausap ko na rin yung pinagbilan ko. titignan namin sa sat. hehehe

may harness/relay din pala siya. pero isa lang.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    May extra ako Philips d2s 85122+ from TRS. Swap ko sana sa 50watts na 5000k. Anyone willing to swap?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok na ulit yung HID ko. pinalitan lang nung pinagbilan ko ng bulb. hehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I am a happy customer of Pao, had a set of TRS MH1 installed for my FD along with a 55w ballast. I can attest to JVX's review on these babies, they really are better than most OEM projectors in terms of intensity, cutoff sharpness, wider than 80% of them. Its that good

The only OEM car/projector combo I can compare these to in Philippine roads are the ones from the GTV Montero and 2.4 CRVs, even benzes and bimmers (atleast the ones I observed side by side with my car) did not show the same output as the MH1 in my car.. though debatable but JVX did compare it to E55, RX330s, FXRs, TLs and E46es

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by YAJ555 View Post
    I am a happy customer of Pao, had a set of TRS MH1 installed for my FD along with a 55w ballast. I can attest to JVX's review on these babies, they really are better than most OEM projectors in terms of intensity, cutoff sharpness, wider than 80% of them. Its that good

The only OEM car/projector combo I can compare these to in Philippine roads are the ones from the GTV Montero and 2.4 CRVs, even benzes and bimmers (atleast the ones I observed side by side with my car) did not show the same output as the MH1 in my car.. though debatable but JVX did compare it to E55, RX330s, FXRs, TLs and E46es
    entry level kasi ang MH1.. if you want the next level pwede yung Q5, then FXR then the TL's...

morimoto has a good output but its weakness is its foreground lighting, which is more pronounced...

although comparing MH1 to g5 and other Pnp kits ay malayo talaga difference...

yung OEM na projectors from montero and fortuners ay talo talaga sa mga aftermarket projectors especially those designed for european markets.... plus meh factors din talaga yung bulb...

i can attest na ang laki improvement from generic bulbs to morimoto bulbs and to philips bulbs and then the most extreme the osram CBI and SVS... hehehe

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    kumusta performance ng q5 vs mh1? i am currently using mh1 on 2 of our vehicles and yes anlaking improvement over g3 and g5 projectors ('ve used both). it can be improved for longer distance by adding a foreground limiter. pero ang problem ko talaga sa kanya yung solenoid sticking. sometimes hindi mag-high beam. sometimes naman hindi bumabalik ng tama yung shield so lumalabo yung cutoff.

does the q5 also suffer from this problem? how does it compare to fxr? i want to swap out one of my mh1 with something better sana for out-of-town travel. saka magkano pala price comparison ng q5 vs fxr?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    mukhang yung mini h1 mo is the earlier version ( with soleniod sticking issue ). q5 and mh1 have different shield design. mh1 shield flips forward. q5 is pulled downward. mini h1 is still an entry level projector, though great improvement from stock still cannot compete with OEM projectors.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    yeah they are an earlier version (4.1). i've personally done some mods on them para straight and colorful ang cutoff. also added a foreground limiter (although not so aggressive). i believe nasa 5.0 na ang mh1 ng theretrofitstore ngayon. i've tried all the tips, sanding the plunger, putting lubricant on the plunger, adjusting the rods, etc. pero sometimes nag-stick talaga yung shield/solenoid. minsan bumabalik sa tama pag natagtag or pag pinitik uli highbeams. pag hindi, hassle sungkitin uli yung shield para bumalik sa sharp/colorful cutoff. so lately, if i can avoid it, i refrain from flashing. it's ok sana for those headlights with separate high beams so gagawin na lang siyang dedicated low beam projectors. pero sayang siempre hehe. i'd say it's a big improvement over stock, over "better" halogen bulbs and over the g3 and g5. also, i noticed not all bulbs and ballasts are the same. try to use good ballasts and bulbs. i noticed na may effect din sya.

i'm kinda torn between the fxr and the q5. i know the q5 is easier to install lalo na nakapag-try na ako ng ibang bolt on. any advice sir ginnova?

Bolt-on bi-xenon projectors