New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by indiej View Post
    mikko if someone can carry them in, maybe the cost will just be purchasing it from TRS for you. plus (borrow) dremel and mounting tools and sealants, but i don't think about those anymore, too giddy with the DIY project. and whatever business keeps you from completing the project, prolongs the excitement. it also gives you a lot of time figuring the best way to go about things. junkie over here

time to start the "DIY HID Retrofit Club" thread already

yes Gen 10. also LED headlights incoming. endless hobbies
    I have bought most of my stuff from TRS. Being a member of HID planet gives you free shipping within the US. So from TRS to OBC- its free.Then i had the stuff shipped here to the philippines via an OBC ( on board carrier ). A small box with a size 8 X 10 X 12 inches ( my previous shipment includes 4 pairs of D2S bulbs, 4 pairs of D2S connectors , 1 Set of TL projector , 1set of ZKW-R lens , 3 pairs of Shrouds - only cost 2K ) took only less than a week for the shipment to be delivered. If youre buying at least 6 items, then the shipping cost for each item will be minimal. We can arrange a group buy if you're interested to save shipping costs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    I have bought most of my stuff from TRS. Being a member of HID planet gives you free shipping within the US. So from TRS to OBC- its free.Then i had the stuff shipped here to the philippines via an OBC ( on board carrier ). A small box with a size 8 X 10 X 12 inches ( my previous shipment includes 4 pairs of D2S bulbs, 4 pairs of D2S connectors , 1 Set of TL projector , 1set of ZKW-R lens , 3 pairs of Shrouds - only cost 2K ) took only less than a week for the shipment to be delivered. If youre buying at least 6 items, then the shipping cost for each item will be minimal. We can arrange a group buy if you're interested to save shipping costs.
    this, more than anything else, is a most welcome helpful content in a DIY HID Retrofit club thread. how to more commonly bring stuff in. the rest, frankly we can read about at hidplanet.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    yeah.. i want the new projectors from TRS, its advertised on their frontpage.. i want to pair it with 50w morimoto bulb and 50 watt morimoto ballast.. how much did you pay for the shipping sir ginnova? im i right that using on board carrier will there be no customs charge associated?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Just called TRS and eto daw yung swak sa Jazz ko. H1 Bulb na Morimoto

Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

If ever na sakanila ako bumili saan po ba magandang magpa install nito. And malaki ba difference ng bolt on projectors like G5 kesa dito sa kit na binebenta ng TRS? Yung sa Xenonoptics 9.5k yung G5 projectors kit nila.

Mas maganda ba yung D2S kesa H1 na bulb? 25$ ang difference ng H1 sa D2S

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    kung hindi ka naman nagmamadali, magbasa ka pa sa hidplanet. hitik sa larawan ang mga threads duon at paghahambing ng mga parte ng HID. sa ganoon, yuong swak sa kagustuhan mo ang maiparating mo dito.

bolt-on ang Minis. HID d2s ang mas maraming pagpipilian at mas ginagamit. huwag bababa pa sa philips 85122+ ang kunin mo. ang tinaguriang mas gaganda pa dito ay ang sa osram.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The mh1 is considered by many as the best performing bolt-ons available in the market. the only draw-back as the name implies is it uses a h1 bulb. you cannot use OEM d2s bulbs like philips or osram. TRS is developing a solution to use D2s for this projector. mini d2s is similar version of the mh1. both projectors will provide a very good improvement from your stock halogen lights.you can read more in HIDP. if you buy the whole mh1 kit from TRS, it will cost you more than $300. most of the users of mh1/d2s in hidp changed to OEM projectors after a few months.

Output shots of one of the best OEM projector:

wall shots of diff projectors.

HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum - Bi-Xenon Output Comparison: TL, E55, Murano, FX, IS, e46,LR3

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    planning to buy projectors and bulbs from TRS and send it here through balikbayan box

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks for the replies. Will read more stuff before ordering.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    another option is auto-electronics based in china. I believe they are affiliated with TRS. I was negotiating a good price for an LS460 Bi-xenon before but ended buying at TRS.

Auto-Electronic supply replica BMW E46 E55 FX projector and Original OEM bi-xenon projector bosch,valeo,HELLA,porsche,koito,LS460,LS430,RX330, TSX

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Plano ko sir Bolt on na lang para if ever na ibebenta ko yung car pwede malipat. So for Bolt Ons the best yung MH1 sa TRS compared sa binebenta locally na G5?

Bolt-on bi-xenon projectors