New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Bumili ka na lang ng online. At least mabibili mo un gusto mo. Un pagclaim ng warranty e maliit na chance lang naman na makakuha ka ng defect sa TRS

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    salamat sa mg areply nyo kkreuk and Ginnova.. another question po, madali lang ba buksan ang projector to have access sa cut off? pwede po ba ma access yung cut off kasi napansin ko, pag naka lo, sobrang laki ng area na nakatakip, kasi pag naka hi naman, sobrang taas ng coverage.. at yung center na where the intensity of the light is, ay natatakpan ng cut off. So I want to shave some of the cut off para yung intense part (Center) ay exposed even if naka lo.. lumalabas lang kasi eto pag naka hi, which we seldom use sa city driving..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    madali lang buksan ang projector. just a few screws needs to be removed. what i did to my bi-xenon fogs is to sand down the cut-off shield to make it flat. you can also move down the shield around 1mm to expose more light for low beam.

yourman: It is the shield that makes the cutoff profile. This is the one that the solenoid pulls down to create the HI output. I think what you mean is the foreground limiter. You also need to understand why there is a foreground limiter and why it is shaped like this and also it is not automatic that when you trim the foreground limiter, the intensity increases. On some projectors, this is even detrimental to the total intensity. Once you trim this, there is no way of re-attaching it. You don't need too much lighting on the foreground coz walang use yun, i.e yung area 2-3 steps from the bumper. Also for sure very little yung chance for you to receive a defective part from TRS but what if? and kung meron one year warranty ask them how will they honor the warranty if there is any. I think you should also ask them these questions.

FYI lang
    Last edited by garyq; May 20th, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *gary. i think he's referring to the reserved light for high beam. seems that the hot spot is not centered.

*yourman
    normally the hot spot should be at the center of the cut-off. if the hot spot is above the cut-off, the output at low beam will suffer. several reasons for this. most of the time the bulb is not sitting properly.try to re-seat the bulb. alignment of the bulb is another factor which is also very common for aftermarket bulbs. for this case you can insert a wire spacer on the lower portion of the bulb base to slightly tilt the bulb.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *gary: thanks sa reply. Ginnova was correct, my concern was not the foreground light but the hot spot, which i wanted to lessen the portion covered by the cut off shield by sanding it. This will increase the exposed light of the hot spot at lo position.

*ginnova: the hot spot is centered alright. I just wanted to increase the exposed portion of the hot spot at lo position. Coz i laso noticed that at hi position, the light is is high. We opened the projectors this afternoon and reduced the cut off shield. However it seems i didnt removed enough to expose more of the hot spot cause i was too carefull not to misalign it. Oh well, i just have to be contented with it since it is such a hassle to open the HLs.

Thanks to the experts here for your valuable advise. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    *gary: thanks sa reply. Ginnova was correct, my concern was not the foreground light but the hot spot, which i wanted to lessen the portion covered by the cut off shield by sanding it. This will increase the exposed light of the hot spot at lo position.

*ginnova: the hot spot is centered alright. I just wanted to increase the exposed portion of the hot spot at lo position. Coz i laso noticed that at hi position, the light is is high. We opened the projectors this afternoon and reduced the cut off shield. However it seems i didnt removed enough to expose more of the hot spot cause i was too carefull not to misalign it. Oh well, i just have to be contented with it since it is such a hassle to open the HLs.

Thanks to the experts here for your valuable advise. Cheers.
    you sanded the cutoff shield or the foreground limiter? mukhang na lost in translation tayo. I just wanted to tell readers the difference between the cutoff shield which gets pulled down by the solenoid and the foreground limiter and the caveat of touching the foreground limiter. I think magkaiba lang tyo sa terms we're using but careful lang kasi other readers might get the wrong info.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    you sanded the cutoff shield or the foreground limiter? mukhang na lost in translation tayo. I just wanted to tell readers the difference between the cutoff shield which gets pulled down by the solenoid and the foreground limiter and the caveat of touching the foreground limiter. I think magkaiba lang tyo sa terms we're using but careful lang kasi other readers might get the wrong info.
    Yes i sanded the cut off shield to increase the exposed portion of the hot spot but wasnt able to remove enough to have substantial result. I dont have any issue regarding the foreground limiter. If only i had removed enough of the cut off shield, then it would have been prefect.

really??? can you show us some pictures? and you did not have problems sa cutoff profile? you normally just move it down to expose some light.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    really??? can you show us some pictures? and you did not have problems sa cutoff profile? you normally just move it down to expose some light.
    sorry sir Garyq, i dont know how to post pics here.. the cut off shield cant be moved down or pressed down on the design of the projector i bought. the solution was to shave off part of the shield to expose more of the hot spot. by using a metal file, i wasnt able to remove enough of the shield. i had little time while the supplier re-installed the projectors. if only i had enough time to do so, it would have been perfect.. the foreground light starts at arounf 3-4 steps from the bumper so no issue about it.

thanks sa mga reply nyo experts..

Bolt-on bi-xenon projectors