New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172737475 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    salamat mga idol. laking tulong ng mga forum na ganito.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Are they serious with the last sentence?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kalokohan.
    Making a general statement like that just shows his lack of technical knowledge in automotive lighting technology. Naturingan pa namang chief engineer ng vehicle inspection ng LTO.

Lahat ba ng klase ng HID bawal na? Pati kotse na HID ang OEM lighting bawal na din?
    Halos lahat ng TOTL models from B segment pataas HID equipped na so bawal na sila ibenta?

Ang dapat lang ipagbawal at hulihin yung automotive light sources na ginagamitan ng HID/LED bulbs na hindi naman designed for HID/LEDs.

"We are taking the safety of the lives of individual, the reason why the agency has been very careful and strict in vehicle modifications."
    Nakakatawa.
    Huwag na sila tumingin sa modifications. Ito na lang tingnan nila

1. PUJs na extended chassis or chassis that came from Elfs para lang maraming maisakay.
    2. Lack of compliance to safety standards ng mga public utility vehicles. Yun ngang basics na kalbo na ang gulong nasa kalsada pa, bulag ang head light o tail light or sobrang dilim na ng headlight na dapat mahuli, hindi naman nila maenforce.

Paano nga pala nagrerenew ng registration ang mga PUVs at pumapasa sa annual inspection?
    Ang dami nila pero tuwing magpaparehistro ako taon taon sa LTO wala naman akong nakakasabay na PUV.

they wont be able to implement his believe me. Ang dami oto naka projectors na stock. Paano nila malaman kung halogen or HID? Just making noise.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i saw a Shop in Facebook that recently started offering NHK ballast, any thoughts or feedback if may nakagamit na? no info found on the net.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chyll2 View Post
    i saw a Shop in Facebook that recently started offering NHK ballast, any thoughts or feedback if may nakagamit na? no info found on the net.
    Mukhang rebranded na DLT ballast, which is actually good. Parang ganito lang yan.

Canbus Slim Ballast

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Good day, mga bossing!

I'm new to this forum and a newbie in terms of cars as well. I have so many questions about this topic on HID Projectors, so please bear with me.

Ok, we have a surplus (converted RHD to LHD) Mazda MPV 2002-2003. Knowing converted vehicles running on our streets, they basically provide glaring headlights to opposing traffic unless owners replace their headlights with the LHD configuration. It is what I'm planning to do out of respect to other road users a well as to avoid accidents.

Instead of replacing my headlight assembly, I plan to just put HID Projectors.
    Here's a pic of what my headlight looks like. The high and low beams are separate.

With that headlight and a 10K budget:

1. What's the best HID and Projector I could get? Brand, model and specs.
    I want it to be durable, safe, has a nice cut-off, light output (as much as possible all weather) and not glaring.
    With angel eyes would be great!

2. What Projector size will fit in that assembly. sorry for the question. I know it's hard to tell based on the picture.

3. What's the difference between a retrofit and bolt-on? Is the Bolt-on type the same as the plug-n-play type others refer to?

4. Read so many acronyms on this thread, ano po ba yang Q5, MH1, FXR, etc... model po ba yan?

Salamat po!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For your budget (P10K), you can either get MH1 or Q5. These are both bolt-ons. If the Q5 fits, then get that.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    For your budget (P10K), you can either get MH1 or Q5. These are both bolt-ons. If the Q5 fits, then get that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, MH1 and Q5 are model names of the Morimoto brand?

Are Q5 and D2S the same thing?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, MH1 and Q5 are model names of the Morimoto brand?

Are Q5 and D2S the same thing?
    MH1 = Mini H1
    Q5 = Koito branded projector
    D2S = the bulb size for HID projectors

MH1 pertains to a certain type of HID projector. It's a bolt-on type of HID projector, meaning once you're tired of it or you want to sell the car, you can have it removed and slap on the OEM/stock bulb. The bulb size is H1 (hence MH1). There is also a Mini D2S. While Morimoto carries the MH1, there are also "generic" China made MH1. Of course pricing and quality will vary between orig Morimoto from generic.

Q5 is another type of HID projector. It's also bolt-on, but it's bigger than the MH1. It sports a D2S bulb.

Bolt-on bi-xenon projectors