New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    The right most pair of projectors ( bottom pic ) is actually a 3inch D2S with curved cut-off shield. Very sharp cut-off. I have a last pair of Q5 but with short tail and might use it sa fogs.
    Yung short tail ba ay hindi uubra sa H4 mounting? May enough thread ba sya to mount the bulb holder? May nakikita din ako na iba yung tail nya parang square. Ito ba yung hindi bolt on type at replica talaga ng Q5?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Buy ka na lang heat gun sir, 1.5K yata bili ko sa ACE nung black and decker. It will more than make-up for price sa dami ng uses nya. Hassle if pabuksan mo then ibalik uli...

Sorry for this Noob question, same lang ba ang mga HiD bulb ng wattage rating? and yung ballast ba ang basis ng 55w ng rating or output ng Hid? Alam ko lang kasi 55W yung ballast ko pero yung Bulb I dont know if 35 or 55w...
    basically yung lumens ng light output eh determined by the ballast... 35 watts is the regular wattage... 55 watts produces more amperage and in a way boost the existing bulbs output... 55 watts generate more heat and shortens bulb life to a certain degree.

35watt (4300K bulb) + 35watt ballast= 3400 lumens
    35watt (4300K bulb) + 55watt ballast= 5000 lumens

there are bulbs though with thicker electrodes and stronger glass that can retain color and lifespan even with 55 watt ballast that drive them up...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ahhh ... thanks sir ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sir Ginnova, I checked the clearance of the HL with respect to the bezel and it is only exactly 80mm. The diameter of the lens holder of a bare Q5 is also 80mm.
    Looks like I'm out of luck with projectors using 3" lenses unless I do major trimmings on the shroud and/or reflector bowl or wala ng shroud and just cover the opening between the lens and bowl.
    I guess I'll just have to settle with the MMH1 6.0 for bolt on installation.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1387759808986.jpg   1387759823546.jpg   1387759838022.jpg  

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Buy ka na lang heat gun sir, 1.5K yata bili ko sa ACE nung black and decker. It will more than make-up for price sa dami ng uses nya. Hassle if pabuksan mo then ibalik uli...
    Sir blue_gambit, I was at ACE SM Bicutan yesterday and Bosch lang na heat ang available * almost 3.5k.
    Kapag may nakita ako ng 1.5k na black and decker na yan sa ibang store bibili na ko.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    Sir blue_gambit, I was at ACE SM Bicutan yesterday and Bosch lang na heat ang available * almost 3.5k.
    Kapag may nakita ako ng 1.5k na black and decker na yan sa ibang store bibili na ko.

Sale nung binili ko sya last year, i guess stocks ran out din pala. If one tims mo lang gamitin, try mo yung jafake sa quiapo . I think pede na yun wag lang for professional use..

* sir ginova Whats the difference between MH1 vs. FXR or Q5 3.0 na projector? Aside sa mas maliit

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app
    Last edited by blue_gambit; December 23rd, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    courtesy of HID PLANET...
    comparison of outputs

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    some of the guys at HID planet prefer MD2S instead of MH1 for bolt on projectors. MH1 usually uses after market bulbs while MD2S uses mostly OEM bulbs. some bad reviews of the MH1 are inconsistent hotspots but we cant expect an excellent output from an entry level setup(MD2S/MH1) naman. and either way you can't go wrong sa dalawang yan basta proper lang ang pag install and city driving lang naman.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    Sir Ginnova, I checked the clearance of the HL with respect to the bezel and it is only exactly 80mm. The diameter of the lens holder of a bare Q5 is also 80mm.
    Looks like I'm out of luck with projectors using 3" lenses unless I do major trimmings on the shroud and/or reflector bowl or wala ng shroud and just cover the opening between the lens and bowl.
    I guess I'll just have to settle with the MMH1 6.0 for bolt on installation.

Sir shok, I also own a toyota corolla lovelife and was inspired by this bolt on thread to perform a diy on my car headlights. At first medyo nag aalangan ako with Q5 dahil sa size ng headlight kaso maganda kasi feedback kaya itinuloy ko pa din. I sourced my projectors directly from china and bought a pair of 3 inch Q5 projectors and pair of 2.5 inch ultimate mini projectors pang back up in case na di ko talaga ma fit yun Q5, ibenta ko nalang yun di ko magagamit. I choosed the ultimate mini as back up kasi andami mini projectors sa china and yun ang model na mas maganda ang output compared to the regular na mini kasi ang daming copy nyan sa china and mahirap malaman ano yun equivalent ng latest morimoto model unless sa TRS ka bibili.

When the projectors arrived, I was able to succesfully fit the Q5 on my corolla's headlight and was satisfied with its output specially compairing it with my previous halogen na RHD pa ang output hehehe.

Here is my first diy output.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1388155817.141123.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1388156033.443859.jpg

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by calaguian4 View Post
    Sir shok, I also own a toyota corolla lovelife and was inspired by this bolt on thread to perform a diy on my car headlights. At first medyo nag aalangan ako with Q5 dahil sa size ng headlight kaso maganda kasi feedback kaya itinuloy ko pa din. I sourced my projectors directly from china and bought a pair of 3 inch Q5 projectors and pair of 2.5 inch ultimate mini projectors pang back up in case na di ko talaga ma fit yun Q5, ibenta ko nalang yun di ko magagamit. I choosed the ultimate mini as back up kasi andami mini projectors sa china and yun ang model na mas maganda ang output compared to the regular na mini kasi ang daming copy nyan sa china and mahirap malaman ano yun equivalent ng latest morimoto model unless sa TRS ka bibili.

When the projectors arrived, I was able to succesfully fit the Q5 on my corolla's headlight and was satisfied with its output specially compairing it with my previous halogen na RHD pa ang output hehehe.

Here is my first diy output.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1388155817.141123.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1388156033.443859.jpg
    post mo output pics sir hahaha...
    Q5 is already enough to satisfy most lightning needs and increase safety through visibility....
    you wont go back sa halogen after going retrofit either bolt on or hindi, hahaha

Bolt-on bi-xenon projectors